3D Visuals in Mission Editor

EagleEye.DCS

The increasingly widespread and varied development of dcs maps certainly adds to the extraordinary experience by making scenarios that are getting closer to reality.

The current use of Mission Editor with 2D display is good enough only sometimes it is necessary to repeatedly do 'Fly Mission' to make sure the location is right and the settings are made as expected, for that there needs to be changes by making 3D visuals in the mission editor so there is no need to check with 'Fly Mission' when you want to confirm the location of the site to be created.

I understand, maybe this will make quite a significant change in coding. However, there is definitely a more effective and efficient way to this. So, the mission creator can make sure the site he created is as expected without the need to repeat for the 'fly mission'. I think with low resolution 3D mode, it's pretty good and possible.

I hope this can be considered. Thanks.

• Like 1

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about building a mission editor inside the game via F10 menu.

This would allow placement / movement of units in 3D space via the Ctrl F11 free camera.

It could even be hooked up to a web interface for better control. But havent gotten around coding it yet.

Edited by winghunter
  • Like 5

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

4 hours ago, winghunter said:

I thought about building a mission editor inside the game via F10 menu.

This would allow placement / movement of units in 3D space via the Ctrl F11 free camera.

It could even be hooked up to a web interface for better control. But havent gotten around coding it yet.

indeed, better to placement or move unit via 3D view

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

I love the ME, however, it can be time consuming to create missions and templates without a 3D environment. I spend lots of time dipping in & out of actual game to check positions of assets to then realise that a EW radar is positioned right up against a large bush ot tree that i didn't see on the 2D editing map.

It would be great to see not only a 3D editor but a stand alone editor that one could create on then transfer into the game , along with its triggers and/or lua coding. 

• Like 1