iPad MFD Exports?

See people making actual hardware for the MFDs, but I have a few iPads knocking around I would to configure as a Left and Right MFD if you could export the view lua.

It was done on the A-10 IIRC, anyone know if anything is happening on the Apache front?

I have a few iPad controllers with the software to make panels but it’s the live screen view I would like.

Thanks mate, I had a quick look through on my phone just now, if this Covid knocks off tomorrow I will try and follow the thread with an iPad and then 2 with the desktop, been lucky this year with folk leaving work and iPads coming up for cheap so I grabbed 2 just for this!

We all gotta benefit from opportunities right? 😄 Yeah I know how it can be - Take it easy, bud. Taking care of oneself with appropriate/serious measures should usually help. The profile would probably have to be split into two "monitors" to export onto two separate ipads, I suppose. Haven't tried. But should be doable looking at the profile and trying stuff out. Feel free to hit me up and/or follow up with guides/results or an actual split-up profile within the TouchPit thread should you be somewhat patient/technical. I don't mind helping/co-operating for such an idea.

Obviously only if that's something you'd enjoy - and only when fully recovered., obviously 🙂

Just a thought.

Get well soon, m8 - And enjoy the profile once done.

First off, thank you for introducing me through your thread, to spacedesk!! Set it up and had you profile on my iPad and got it working.

Obviously, your profile is for a monitor so I started hacking it to get the left MFD only on the iPad, cue I didnt realise (my mistake) you have done a tremendous job with helios and combing the gunner (CPG) and Pilot and at the moment, I am only being pilot (learning curve on the -64) so I am there pressing away, its not working and can only see the CPG MFD.

Realising the error I activate the pilot panel and was able to use the buttons and the export onto the iPad but I have no idea what I did messing around and DCS just started to project over the top of helios and the MFD export so I ended up with a black screen.

Can I get it back, can i heck!! I have deleted everything after 3 hours and will probably try again next weekend.

I will try and get two ipads working bust spacedesk claims no, so if that doesnt work I will buy that dual view app you also mentioned on one iPad.

Incidentally, and sorry if I am being obvious, I have all my keyboard mapped to the little input computer using the modifier on the hotas, you could reduce the need for the keys as a touch button and make your MFDs bigger, of course that depends if you have a keyboard nearby or care about the displays being bigger!

Will report back this week. 

You probably just need to perform a "file ► monitor reset" in the helios editor and ensure warnings/reds in monitor setup interface (interface status) get reconfigured using each interface's respective cog-wheel. also the DCS monitor/video system settings require to have the same "monitor setup" file generated by the profile. Preferably "separate", not combined. that's what I test against. And delete "extra" copies of monitor-setup files as they can create problems and multiple entries in DCS system settings.

All of this should be mentioned in installation instructions; if more complicated/time-intensive issues remain - hit me up on discord.

I can't just "make" the MFD's bigger. as with physical limits making them bigger will require some sort of extra space that has to be taken somewhere else.
However the profile should be more or less editable "easily". At least with some explanation, maybe.

So since I'm currently still finishing the regular desktop version, I can sadly not do these "mobile" or two-tablet modifications myself. (if they are even possible)
But if you are going for it, and want to clean it up, i.e. document (if needed) and share. (Whenever or IF you ever feel like it 😛)
Just an idea.

Also any other sensible alternative/Version or preference is possible. Yes - But I can't do them all. They have to come from the community/users. More than happy though to assist so they can be brought back into my main profile thread (with credits obviously) so others can profit.

Take your time 🙂

No all good mate, I appreciate your support, wouldnt want you to do mine, I will fix it up and share it with the usual thanks for you doing all the hard work and creating and mapping the buttons, I only resized it!

Thanks again 🙂