FFb joystick slams to the left

1.JaVA_Jumper

Hello everyone

i have the following problem

when is start the F5 or the A10A the joystick slams to the right or left when i have a hot start,

when i have a cold start everyting is allright.

All the other planes i have are flying all right.

in the start screen i have removed the V with synchronising with teh hotas i have tried everything

Can someone help me??

Jumper

Fly high and sting hard,:pilotfly:

On 4/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, 1.JaVA_Jumper said:

Hello everyone

when is start the F5 or the A10A the joystick slams to the right or left when i have a hot start,

in the start screen i have removed the V with synchronising with teh hotas i have tried everything

Can someone help me??

Jumper

Have you inversed the axis in the FFB settings? 

Not on my computer, so can't provide a screenshot, but click on the column for your stick in controls settings for both modules. Click FFB settings or similar. And check inverse both axis. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Another immediate suspicion, since it's just two specific aircraft, check that you don't have accidentally bound some other device to the same axis — DCS loves doing that automatically and with no regard for what's sensible and not — which could lead to the situation that the other device in in a default resting state that gets translated to full stick deflection, and then this gets propagated back to the FFB stick.

This doesn't explain why it only happens on hot starts, granted, but still, double check the full range of axis binds on all devices in those two aircraft and see if you have a conflict. Similarly, you might have a button press conflict where some forgotten switch somewhere activates the “roll left/right” button binds, and it gets reflected back to the stick that way.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

23 hours ago, Tippis said:

Another immediate suspicion, since it's just two specific aircraft, check that you don't have accidentally bound some other device to the same axis — DCS loves doing that automatically and with no regard for what's sensible and not — which could lead to the situation that the other device in in a default resting state that gets translated to full stick deflection, and then this gets propagated back to the FFB stick.

This doesn't explain why it only happens on hot starts, granted, but still, double check the full range of axis binds on all devices in those two aircraft and see if you have a conflict. Similarly, you might have a button press conflict where some forgotten switch somewhere activates the “roll left/right” button binds, and it gets reflected back to the stick that way.

Actually, it can make sense if the sync with HOTAS setting is enabled.
I had this for quite a while until I "cleaned out", what I assume to be "ghost" axis from my Cougar MFDs, and other non-bound axis.
After I did it, it went away.

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna
Grammar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WinterH said:

That's the problem 🙂 For some reason, we need to invert FFB axes from FFB settings, otherwise it'll get wonky when you trim etc.

Yup, but I think that only the case for microsoft FFB2 users, but not necessary for g940 i.e. 

Fly and let fly

S!

The problems are stil there , the bindings are clean, and no inversed axis
but what do you mean to clean out??

Jack

By "cleaned out" I mean that I go into axis settings, and delete for every control that is not in use, even if it isn't even populated. Yeah, sounds crazy. But it it worked for me.

Why don't you have the axis in the FFB settings inversed? That's probably your issue then.
I'm not talking about the settings for the axis for pitch and roll etc.
Click on the column for your FFB stick and then the button for FFB. Check inverse axis.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 4/2/2022 at 6:16 AM, 1.JaVA_Jumper said:

Hello everyone

Can someone help me??

Jumper

I had that same issue with my FFB, I just learned to keep my hand on the stick when the flight started so it wouldn't smash around.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I think you may try to have X/Y axis FFB setting exchanged.

Why you have problem only on F-5E and A-10A/C might be that they have a special axis setting. Their Y axis actual center is set forward of geometric center and the forward limit is shorter than backward limit. In other words, when no control force added, the FFB joystick should be back to somewhere forward than physical center, let's say 25% forward for example. If X/Y axis FFB signal is mismatched, you will see the stick move to 25% left of the position. If the stick is set in the geometric center instead of actual center before start, it becomes an oscillator.

Edited by Torbernite
  • Like 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

I think you may try to have X/Y axis FFB setting exchanged.
Why you have problem only on F-5E and A-10A/C is that they have a special axis setting. Their Y axis actual center is set forward of geometric center and the forward limit is shorter than backward limit. In other words, when no control force added, the FFB joystick should be back to somewhere forward than physical center, let's say 25% forward for example. If X/Y axis FFB signal is mismatched, you will see the stick move to 25% left of the position.
That's actually a very good point.
Goes for all FC3 too, right?

刚才,MAXsenna说:

That's actually a very good point.
Goes for all FC3 too, right?

Should be right in theory. I realized that when I have trouble to control the A-10C with my G940 because I set the centering spring force ON(an option to simulate a virtual centering spring under your stick and force it to center, for application on those non-FFB-support games, if set to ON in FFB-support games, the simulated centering force would add up to FFB force together) and the stick was forced back to geometric center, which was a pulling stick position logically.

But I think it might not be the actual problem after check the description again. If the stick is set in the geometric center before start, it will cause an oscillation. But if that's the problem, Jumper would notice the left/right position deviation(unless he has also set the centering spring force ON) and change X/Y position should work. However, the stick of A-10A and F-5E has hydraulic pressure before start and cold/hot start should make no difference.

Should be right in theory. I realized that when I have trouble to control the A-10C with my G940 because I set the centering spring force ON(an option to simulate a virtual centering spring under your stick and force it to center, for application on those non-FFB-support games, if set to ON in FFB-support games, the simulated centering force would add up to FFB force together) and the stick was forced back to geometric center, which was a pulling stick position logically.
But I think it might not be the actual problem after check the description again. If the stick is set in the geometric center before start, it will cause an oscillation. But if that's the problem, Jumper would notice the left/right position deviation(unless he has also set the centering spring force ON) and change X/Y position should work. However, the stick of A-10A and F-5E has hydraulic pressure before start and cold/hot start should make no difference.
Yeah, I get it. OP hasn't responded to if he swapped the FFB channels though.
Only the F-5 has a setting for it actually. Displacement FFB or linear. Just checked. I've got all the modules.
But if you bring og the controls indicator overlay, you will notice that many (or every, didn’t check) of the FC3 modules has this displacement. And the A-10Cs too.
Just remembered when you mentioned it, that another user a while back had an issue with the A-10A, that his stick was way forward of what he was used too. And it actually was correct.
So I agree with your assumption, that the channels should be swapped.
Cheers!

47 minutes ago, 1.JaVA_Jumper said:

S! All

i cant find a way to invert the axis, I cant find the column foor the ffb stick 

Jack

Crap, lost the text. Anyway.

On the DCS main screen.

Click the "Options" cog wheel
Click "Controls"
Select the modules in question
Click on the column for the MS FFB2. That's important!
Click "FF Tune"
Check "Swap Axis"
Click "OK"
Repeat for modules as needed, and "OK" to save the settings.

Cheers!

image.png

33 minutes ago, 1.JaVA_Jumper said:

S!

i have done what you have said en drawn to me but the problem shifts from the right to the left.

But thans ver much

Jack

Right, we'll solve this Flash. 

Which, module and which mission? 

Have enabled "Sync with HOTAS" in the DCS main settings? Please check. Ask if you are not sure!

Can you double check for conflicting axis? 

Does this happen in every module, even with cold start? 

8小时前,1.JaVA_Jumper说:

S!

i have done what you have said en drawn to me but the problem shifts from the right to the left.

But thans ver much

Jack

It sounds that maybe you used the "invert" instead of "swap"? Do you experience strange trim performance, for example, initial center position moved in X axis, and center position change in X axis when actually trimming in Y axis? If so, try the "swap axis" option above.

• Like 1