AH-64D IHADSS lines thickness edit

I found some IHADSS lines a bit too thick (specially in VR) and reading topics how to edit this lines in F/A-18C, I found this .lua file:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DSPLS\DSPLS_Symbology.lua

There is values for Norm, Narrow and Wide thickness, I leave all in 2.0 (make a backup, just in case):

THICKNESS_NORM = 2.0
FUZZINESS_NORM = 2.0

THICKNESS_NARROW = 2.0
FUZZINESS_NARROW = 2.0

THICKNESS_WIDE = 2.0
FUZZINESS_WIDE = 2.0

I have to test in MP to check IC.

Edited by nachomaga
Moved from AH-64D forum to DCS Mods forum
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• nachomaga changed the title to IHADSS lines thickness edit

Also, like in all my US jets, i change the color of the hud to something more akin to what i saw IRL and on videos.

for the AH-64 this is the line I change into the materials.lua 

materials["HMD_GREEN"]                = {  3, 255, 121, 255}

the original is

materials["HMD_GREEN"]                = {  0, 255,   0, 255}

BACKUP your material.lua before doing any mod

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

moving this post here makes little sense. This info belonged in the AH-64D sub forum, not here, frankly

• Like 1

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows is there is anything in the .lua to change the vertical position of the IHADDS unit, since it's almost an inch or two too high in my VR unit? In the Black Shark there is an option to move the eye piece down within the game itself, though I'm not sure if there is a workaround for this (for the Apache).

• Like 1

• nachomaga changed the title to AH-64D IHADSS lines thickness edit
On 4/3/2022 at 10:07 PM, Chump said:

What values do you use to achieve such thin lines? 1.0?

thats 2, but with my change of color

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, nachomaga said:

I found some IHADSS lines a bit too thick (specially in VR) and reading topics how to edit this lines in F/A-18C, I found this .lua file:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DSPLS\DSPLS_Symbology.lua

There is values for Norm, Narrow and Wide thickness, I leave all in 2.0 (make a backup, just in case):

THICKNESS_NORM = 2.0
FUZZINESS_NORM = 2.0

THICKNESS_NARROW = 2.0
FUZZINESS_NARROW = 2.0

THICKNESS_WIDE = 2.0
FUZZINESS_WIDE = 2.0

I have to test in MP to check IC.

Amazing find - was looking for it myself. Any idea how to make the heading tape and letters thinner?

PS. A simple "HUD/HMD thickness" slider in the Special Options for each Aircraft would fix the whole issue. One can hope... 😉

• Like 1

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, Belphe said:

Amazing find - was looking for it myself. Any idea how to make the heading tape and letters thinner?

PS. A simple "HUD/HMD thickness" slider in the Special Options for each Aircraft would fix the whole issue. One can hope... 😉

There is other values in the lua file, but didn’t try. And yes, slider in Special Options would be nice to have.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...