Dead Loop

KetPot

7 hours ago, KetPot said:

Can you show me

Did you try?

Edit:  Why don't you try it out with a clean aircraft and figure out what the best speed is?  It could be your contribution to the community of how to do that cool looking move.  Seriously.  It'd make for some very fun gun shots.

Edited by Buschwick
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 часа назад, Buschwick сказал:

Did you try?

Edit:  Why don't you try it out with a clean aircraft and figure out what the best speed is?  It could be your contribution to the community of how to do that cool looking move.  Seriously.  It'd make for some very fun gun shots.

Friend, I asked about the parameters if you don't know them, you could not waste your time.

• Thanks 1

I have done a few loops in the AH-64, I believe that I pushed the airspeed up to 120 and pulled back and used the rudder to correct. I don't believe that I had any weapon on it. 

I did find this video, where the creator was doing a loop, but I didn't watch his parameters to see how he does it. 

Full disclosure, I'm no not a helo guy, I think that the AH-64 is a mazing machine, but I'm lucky if I can get that thing off the ground without playing lumberjack and cut down all the nearby trees and destroying it in the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

1 час назад, t_hedlund сказал:

I have done a few loops in the AH-64, I believe that I pushed the airspeed up to 120 and pulled back and used the rudder to correct. I don't believe that I had any weapon on it. 

I did find this video, where the creator was doing a loop, but I didn't watch his parameters to see how he does it. 

Full disclosure, I'm no not a helo guy, I think that the AH-64 is a mazing machine, but I'm lucky if I can get that thing off the ground without playing lumberjack and cut down all the nearby trees and destroying it in the process. 

Thanks!!!

22 hours ago, KetPot said:

Friend, I asked about the parameters if you don't know them, you could not waste your time.

I'm not wasting my time at all!  Just trying to encourage a more pioneering approach to something like this.  

You were thrilled about a post from somebody that did a few loops, not sure about what speed, and not sure what was on the wings, with a closing admission that helos aren't their thing in the first place.

Did you get it figured out?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 часов назад, Buschwick сказал:

I'm not wasting my time at all!  Just trying to encourage a more pioneering approach to something like this.  

You were thrilled about a post from somebody that did a few loops, not sure about what speed, and not sure what was on the wings, with a closing admission that helos aren't their thing in the first place.

Did you get it figured out?

judging by your first message, you are not very competent

Just now, KetPot said:

Aren't you tired of your own nonsense

Sorry i'm left eye dominant and I'm working on getting the right eye involved.  Why so hostile?

5 minutes ago, KetPot said:

Aren't you tired of your own nonsense

Did it work for you?  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 3 Minuten schrieb doedkoett:

How DO one best perform a loop in a helicopter? Do one use the collective at all, or is it all cyclic? 

Cyclic is used the most, but it is better to give enough collective to recover after that.

• Like 1

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

5 minutes ago, doedkoett said:

How DO one best perform a loop in a helicopter? Do one use the collective at all, or is it all cyclic? 

I managed it at around 100 knots. Pulled back on cyclic and as the climb started I dumped a lot of the collective. You need to keep some collective pitch on or you’ll have no control at all, but you don’t want loads as it’ll pull you in the wrong direction. Then just bring it back in fairly quickly as you pass through 90 degrees nose down to recover. Don’t overtorque it though. 

As I said, mine was more of a tight backflip. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:04 AM, doedkoett said:

I found that the Apache is VERY forgiving and you can actually do it with all right stick just to do a loop.  The DCS Apache seems to be able to bite the air no problem while upside-down with zero collective too though.  It whips around pretty easily.  You generally want to decrease the collective as much as possible while upside-down though.  The Huey is a meteorite if you flip her upside down. 

Edited by Buschwick
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]