Error in Training AGM-65 Maverick (DCS World- Open Beta)

borja.abadc

Hi everyone,

in training mission AGM-65 Maverick, I cannot continue the mission when instructor tell me that it is necessaary energize the missil. I know from others posts that it is neceesary to switch the MAV page to the right MFCD in order to fix the problem but I alredy done this and I cannot continue.

Any advice... thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Youll have to swap the MFDs for it to work. The training mission hasnt been updated for some reason or other, but the MAV page is only displayed on the right MFD as it should. IIRC its coolie hat left long to swap MFDs, but dont quote me on it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Youll have to swap the MFDs for it to work. The training mission hasnt been updated for some reason or other, but the MAV page is only displayed on the right MFD as it should. IIRC its coolie hat left long to swap MFDs, but dont quote me on it.

FWIW the A-10C II no longer has any "swap MFCD" function.  You just have to select it manually with the bottom OSB's.

Edited by jaylw314

3 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

FWIW the A-10C II no longer has any "swap MFCD" function.  You just have to select it manually with the bottom OSB's.

The C and the CII are technically the same methods of training...the obvious is that the maverick is displayed only on the right now vs the left AND right. If the OP has both the C and CII, he could just train on the C mission instead as a workaround. But yeah, I believe there is a way you can bring the maverick SOI on the left screen, I just dont remember how to do it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

29 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

The C and the CII are technically the same methods of training...the obvious is that the maverick is displayed only on the right now vs the left AND right. If the OP has both the C and CII, he could just train on the C mission instead as a workaround. But yeah, I believe there is a way you can bring the maverick SOI on the left screen, I just dont remember how to do it.

There's a little known shortcut, if you have HUD SOI and press China hat forward short, it brings up the MAV page on the left MFCD and makes it SOI.  I can only speculate it's so you can use the TDC to pick out a target and quick-draw an AGM-65 on it 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

There's a little known shortcut, if you have HUD SOI and press China hat forward short, it brings up the MAV page on the left MFCD and makes it SOI.  I can only speculate it's so you can use the TDC to pick out a target and quick-draw an AGM-65 on it 

My understanding is it’s a shortcut to only need to do one button push to fence in for mavericks vs the multiple button pushes of finding the profile then separately calling up the maverick video and then making it SOI. It also prevents the possibility of calling up the maverick as a sensor and not actually having the weapon selected. Employment wise messing with the TDC is a waist of HOTAS effort (but it would work I guess). If you can see the target I’m the HUD then just move the maverick wagon wheel onto the target either by flying it onto the target or space stabilize and slew it onto the target. From there look inside at your screens, get a good lock and send it. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:22 PM, Yurgon said:

Seeing the same problem; I have reported this internally.

I also haven't found any way around the problem, but if someone does, it would certainly be appreciated. 😉

I recall reporting this a long time ago actually..almost a year or so ago.

My wallpaper and skins

I was able to pass the EO on step by modifying the mission file. First of all I've downloaded the https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315353/ mission file and then I've edited it: in the "trigger" section, highlight step 7 (LFMCD MAV) and remove the condition X:COCKPIT PARAM... this should bypass the EO step, so that you can proceed with the mission. Let me know if it works.

Schermata 2022-04-28 alle 12.43.57.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, Il_Pres said:

I was able to pass the EO on step by modifying the mission file. First of all I've downloaded the https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315353/ mission file and then I've edited it: in the "trigger" section, highlight step 7 (LFMCD MAV) and remove the condition X:COCKPIT PARAM... this should bypass the EO step, so that you can proceed with the mission. Let me know if it works.

Schermata 2022-04-28 alle 12.43.57.png

I tried this tip - and its success) 

• Like 1

f16aa.png