AH-64 TEDAC unit built

That looks more like a periscope of a submarine than a MFD / TEDAC mount.    Hope it will turn out ok, that will be around a 3 - 4 day print 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot 2022-05-10 123345.png

The Grip adjustment works.....amazing, considering I really don't know what I'm doing  😂

Screenshot 2022-05-09 142513.png

Edit:  Reviewing this post, I figured out that I oriented the MFD the wrong way. Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing. Luckily, the printer was only doing the first layer.....  🤦‍♂️

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A step closer

IMG_20220529_134237.jpg

Bummer that I'm currently not very interested in the Apache, but I will bring this to an end. Maybe then.... 

Edit:

Figured out where I had the brain fart. That tower is like 7 cm to high. Made the correction in the CAD, but being a little reluctant to print it out. I will work from here, complete that stuff and will see if I print the shortened version. The Grips are at the correct height in VR just a little too far apart, but I won't make that tower any smaller because that will give me stability issues. If I got rid of the Grip adjustment stuff, I could make it fit, but hey, it is probably fun to adjust the grip once and leave it that way afterwards  😉

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did the first test flight, not sure if we will become friends.

Switches all working (at least the once that are implemented yet) but I don't know if I will keep interest in the Apache. Anyhow, off to the MFD. Lots of wiring still to do....

IMG_20220607_192655.thumb.jpg.0b81451bee75b41ee1d4afc9ce894af8.jpg

• Like 2

Impressive and hello to the Tedac family and hello Jaeger. Greetings from Hawkeye and thx again for the fast comment on youtube. 

I Printed my Sticks and the MF for the Display. I fly VR and without, so i want to buld a LCD screen too. Here is my work. i need now buttons etc and analog sticks. ^^ @Lt_Jaeger could you share the Tower file and the Joystick finger adapter button please. ( Ich meine deine Fusion Arbeit für den Zeigefinger. Der Haubtabzug hinter dem Joystick.  ) Das wäre genial.

20220403_081552.jpg

And the Setup now.

20220325_175944.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.jagdgeschwader78.com/

I will, but you have at least wait till tomorrow, since I'm away from my computer.

For the Trigger assembly you want to look in thingiverse, I posted the files there.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5368280

The Fusion360 file is actually quite a mess, but I can share as well as soon as I'm back.

Mind that it is not completely finished, since I changed some stuff while building and did not re-check, while other stuff is not incorporated yet, such as the spacing of the grips. They are a little too far apart from each other to my liking. But that would be something to be figured out by you. Since I have no experience in CAD and Fusion the timeline is a total disaster and the way I did a lot of stuff gives a CAD guy most probably a heart attack.

If I forget about sharing, please give me a ping via PM.

Now if I only would know how this Apache stuff would work 🤔 , guess there is no way around readying the f... manual.

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Just curious, do you plan on releasing/selling the 3D printer files for this or possibly selling a kit?  Been looking around and the only company I have found thus far that sells an Apache TEDAC is Bugeye Technologies, and that is the real deal.  Not something many if any of us would be able to buy.  I am sure that one is thousands of dollars.  Looking for and affordable solution.  

Komodo Simulations is working on the Apache Cyclic and collective.  For both including the bases you are looking at just over 2K American dollars.  I was hoping they would do a TEDAC but no word yet.  Looks like they make great stuff though.

https://komodosimulations.co.uk/collections/cyclic

https://www.bugeyetech.com/product/ah-64e-tedac/

• 2 weeks later...

@Lt_Jaeger Thanks again for sharing all of your work.  Started the prints, just two questions.  Where did you procure the screws for the TEDAC Grips ? Do you know the specs ? There are lots of varieties of M2 or M2.5 screws etc.  

Lastly I cant find the Flanges for the TEDAC Grips anywhere.  Did you share the STL's for the mount circle flange ? If not can you point me in the right direction.  Thanks again

1 hour ago, Shrike88 said:

@Lt_Jaeger Thanks again for sharing all of your work.  Started the prints, just two questions.  Where did you procure the screws for the TEDAC Grips ? Do you know the specs ? There are lots of varieties of M2 or M2.5 screws etc.  

Lastly I cant find the Flanges for the TEDAC Grips anywhere.  Did you share the STL's for the mount circle flange ? If not can you point me in the right direction.  Thanks again

PM

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 12:59 PM, Devil 505 said:

Just curious, do you plan on releasing/selling the 3D printer files for this or possibly selling a kit?  Been looking around and the only company I have found thus far that sells an Apache TEDAC is Bugeye Technologies, and that is the real deal.  Not something many if any of us would be able to buy.  I am sure that one is thousands of dollars.  Looking for and affordable solution.  

Komodo Simulations is working on the Apache Cyclic and collective.  For both including the bases you are looking at just over 2K American dollars.  I was hoping they would do a TEDAC but no word yet.  Looks like they make great stuff though.

https://komodosimulations.co.uk/collections/cyclic

https://www.bugeyetech.com/product/ah-64e-tedac/

I talked to them on Facebook and they said they are looking at making a TEDAC. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Cato said:

This is some badass news! I just looked at their Facebook comments.  I hope they are being serious about making the TEDAC.  Looks like the AH-64 Cyclic and Collective are ready to start shipping.  I hope to get them at some point.  Going to be a pricey purchase, but the golden BB of controls for flying helos. 

Edited by Devil 505

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Cato:

This is really awesome news!!

were they a bit more specific what components it will include? The complete device including screen display ( what I do not think it‘s necessary…I could use one of my TM Mfd‘s instead, as that‘s anyway I already do it right now) or a device including the two handgrips?

Edit:

ok, just found the thread on their FB site. 
Seems to be the handgrips done….very interesting I‘ll keep my eyes on these….

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

What is the .lua-code to get the TEDAC working on a separate monitor?
I've got two monitors -> Main: 1920 x 1080, monitor for TEDAC: 800 x 600.
"CENTER_MFCD"  or  "AH64_TEDAC"  are not working??
Does anyone have the right viewport-name for me?

THX!

This is my monitor-setup:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Apache PURZEL TEDAC only');
Description = 'Mainscreen + TEDAC =2720x1080'

Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1920/1080;
     }
}

Gui =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    width = 1920;
    height = 1080;
}
UIMainView = Gui

CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 1921;
     y = 0;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

AH64_TEDAC =
{
    x = 1921;
    y = 0;
    width = 600;
    height = 600;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Edited by Purzel
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:47 AM, Lt_Jaeger said:

Did the first test flight, not sure if we will become friends.

Switches all working (at least the once that are implemented yet) but I don't know if I will keep interest in the Apache. Anyhow, off to the MFD. Lots of wiring still to do....

IMG_20220607_192655.thumb.jpg.0b81451bee75b41ee1d4afc9ce894af8.jpg

Awesome build!

I was looking at making one. What joystick module did you use for the thumb controllers? Most joystick modules I see are too big to fit. Thanks!

1 hour ago, toilet2000 said:

Awesome build!

I was looking at making one. What joystick module did you use for the thumb controllers? Most joystick modules I see are too big to fit. Thanks!

Thank you

These are PS4 replacement sticks. 

Something like this (just an example) 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/225195523405?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=cuGF2xYnRoi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0NQLI5wkRaS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 1:06 AM, hannibal said:

In process making my second set of tedac grips

Screenshot_20221021-175243_Gallery.jpg

Hi Hannibal, I have also made similar 3d Print on my Prusa, and have completed nearly all the wiring except the 3 rotary controls on the top right and top left of the Screen. Can you tell me what you used for these controllers and did you use the Leo Bodnar BU0836X to convert to USB?  I have 3 rotary encoders I could use but I don't know what signal DCS needs from the controls. I have been told I will need to use Leo Bodnar software but again I don't know how to do this bit!!  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated mate.

Cheers

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

On 6/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, Lt_Jaeger said:

I don't know if I will keep interest in the Apache.

After all your work too..... why do you think that?

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

2 hours ago, Dallas88B said:

After all your work too..... why do you think that?

It already happened and I guess I did know even before I started. 

I started flightsim with warbirds and never developed a huge liking for all this diddle diddle stuff in modern airplan. My current favorite and almost exclusive ride is the Tomcat and I wait hand wrenching for the Phantom. 

With the Apache there was this gunship 2000 / longbow nostalgic and the challenge to build something like the TEDAC controls. After the Prototyp was done, I lost interest. The hardware lies in the corner somewhere and I never came around to fix the encountered problems in my cad files. 

Maybe one of this days.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1