An apology to the DCS crew

congo

Listen Guys,

Finally ironed out all the glitches and just wanted to appologize for taking my initial frustrations out on you, Told xp to recoginize my mouse as something other than a sidewinder and found the proper NewInput.DLL and the sim is running like a charm on my machine though I do have the vcard a tad overclocked. No more CTD,s Again Please accept my sincerest appologies.

Almost forgot to add that BS is probably by far one of the most realistic simulators I've ever flown. Scenery both internal and external again some of the best if not the best. I was fortunate enough to fly the V-22 sim at Pax river back in the eighties and now Im thinking how antiquated that was compared to this! You have my vote for a Job well done and yes consider me a loyal customer.

Congo

Congo?

Would you be the same Congo from the Steel Beasts forums?

Affirmative on that Jester. Zipuli and I did a fair amount of skins under the cz studios title. Working with skins can become somewhat addictive. I started cause I wasn't happy with a lot of the default skins.

Edited by congo

Your work in SB ProPE was brilliant mate........ I haven't run it in a while though. This PC of mine is very much on it's last legs and just can't cope with anything graphically challenging anymore..... And falls over immediately I even think about running any online games. Fortunately I've got a new(ish) one arriving tomorrow or Friday and time permitting in between learning to fly the Ka-50 I'm hoping to get back into SB as well.

So are we going to see you give the Ka-50 some of your special treatment at some stage?

So can we say with high confidence that anyone who thinks BS is not worth it and not a good/interesting game/sim (and they haven't tried it) would definitely change their mind once they get it and try it out? :)

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Your work in SB ProPE was brilliant mate........ I haven't run it in a while though. This PC of mine is very much on it's last legs and just can't cope with anything graphically challenging anymore..... And falls over immediately I even think about running any online games. Fortunately I've got a new(ish) one arriving tomorrow or Friday and time permitting in between learning to fly the Ka-50 I'm hoping to get back into SB as well.

So are we going to see you give the Ka-50 some of your special treatment at some stage?

Its definitely a possibility. At some point I'll probably delve into the textural aspects of this sim. Spent my whole career in aviation so i can't leave the things alone either virtually or realistically. And yes the Armor sims also grab my fancy. I guess I'll have to investigate packing CDDS files and a few other things but like I said its definitely a future possibility, Heck! I gotta find something to keep me busy in retirement.

So can we say with high confidence that anyone who thinks BS is not worth it and not a good/interesting game/sim (and they haven't tried it) would definitely change their mind once they get it and try it out? :)

Yes,

I would have to agree with that statement provided they have the specs to run it. I guess there can be some obstacles and hurdles but in the end its worth it.

• Like 1