George will not unslave the tads to center.

CrazyGman

So if i'm the pilot and if I tell George who is the CPG to unslave in the command wheel. He will bring the TADS to center, but it won't stay there, it will focus on the spot when I commanded the unslave that was at the center position, and I will have to continuously command him to unslave to bring the TADS to the center position. In game this doesn't do much except make slaving the tads slightly slower.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:32 PM, CrazyGman said:

So if i'm the pilot and if I tell George who is the CPG to unslave in the command wheel. He will bring the TADS to center, but it won't stay there, it will focus on the spot when I commanded the unslave that was at the center position, and I will have to continuously command him to unslave to bring the TADS to the center position. In game this doesn't do much except make slaving the tads slightly slower.

This behavior seems introduced since the latest patch.  In the initial release, it dose return to center and stay there after I told George to disengage.   Not sure if there's additional steps to do this after the patch.

For the benefit of the team I've made a short track showing the issue. When using back-short do de-slave, the pilot's TADS CLOS return to the Head Tracker diamond position, and TADS video follows accordingly. However at release the TADS video and CLOS would thereafter remain fixed forward of the aircraft and aligned with the Head Tracker until commanded elsewhere. Since the initial hotfix the TADS and CLOS now remain locked in bearing and azimuth to the point they initially returned to.

Apologies for the name of the track. "Boresight" was probably a confusing term to use. I should have said "Not remaining in fixed forward position" instead.

TADS not holding boresight when target deslaved.trk

13 hours ago, mwlue said:

This behavior seems introduced since the latest patch.  In the initial release, it dose return to center and stay there after I told George to disengage.   Not sure if there's additional steps to do this after the patch.

Yeah i thought it only started after the first patch. In the initial release I believe it would stay put.