FLIR not ready BIT screen

JON3Z
Go to solution Solved by BarTzi,

Dear community, 

This is my 2nd post on this forum, 1st one was a bit dumb for the ones who remember haha...

Anyway I was doing some missions and eventually got to the 65E maverick bombing mission. When I have contacted deathstar and got the laser code I wanted to turn on my FLIR so I put in in ON mode LTD/R and L in ON and Arm. Now  FLIR will not appear on my right or left Tac menu MFD. So I went to the Bit page and under Sensor FLIR and LTD/R are "not ready" so I tried to test them or try to start FLIR in Standby modus but It wont test itsellf so it stays in not ready... I can not use FLIR now.

I tried another mission for example hot start on carrier, and when I put FLIR in standby mode it will do its build in test and after that its ready to use, and it keeps working even while airborn (luckily xD)  But when a mission spawns me in air and the test has not been done on the ground I can not use FLIR... Is this just some bug or has this to do with me? 

I updated to the latest Open World Beta with the latest DCS Updater 2.13. My open world beta is: 2.11 

Thanks for anyone replying ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, BarTzi said:

What is the exact name of the mission? In ED's 65E training mission the jet is not equipped with a targeting pod, so you can't turn it on.

BarTzi,

Thanks for the reply, I added a screenshot of the mission. Map doesn't matter its the same for all maps. Its weird that it does not work because in order to launch the 65E maverick I need to lock a target with FLIR right? I watched this video to know how to use the Maverick 65E. 

image.png 

Thanks for your time to reply! ❤️ 

AGM-65E is a Laser Maverick, it uses a laser spot seeker for guidance, not FLIR. The seeker inside the missile will search for and track a designating laser once uncaged (provided the laser and seeker are on the same laser code). The designator can either be on-board (via a targeting pod) or off-board (via a JTAC, drone, or buddy).

AGM-65F is an Infrared Maverick, which uses a built-in IR seeker for guidance once warmed up and uncaged.

For the SNSR power panel on the right:
- The FLIR switch is used to apply power to a targeting pod.
- The LTD/R switch is used to enable the designating laser on the targeting pod.
- The LST/NFLIR switch would be used for the AAR-50 Thermal Imaging Navigation Set (TINS, or NAVFLIR) or the ASQ-173 Laser Spot Tracker pod, neither of which are available in DCS, so this switch isn't required for anything.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• Solution
1 minute ago, JON3Z said:

BarTzi,

Thanks for the reply, I added a screenshot of the mission. Map doesn't matter its the same for all maps. Its weird that it does not work because in order to launch the 65E maverick I need to lock a target with FLIR right? I watched this video to know how to use the Maverick 65E. 

Thanks for your time to reply! ❤️ 

Yeah, that's ED's mission. In this mission the jet is not equipped with a targeting pod (can't turn it on if it's not mounted on the jet). You can also use the stores page or external view to understand what's mounted on the jet.

No you don't have to carry or use the TGP at all to fire this missile. It's laser guided, so someone has to lase the target. You can use the TGP to lase for yourself, but in this case Darkstar (the JTAC) is supposed to lase for you, so no TGP is required.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

AGM-65E is a Laser Maverick, it uses a laser spot seeker for guidance, not FLIR. The seeker inside the missile will search for and track a designating laser once uncaged (provided the laser and seeker are on the same laser code). The designator can either be on-board (via a targeting pod) or off-board (via a JTAC, drone, or buddy).

AGM-65F is an Infrared Maverick, which uses a built-in IR seeker for guidance once warmed up and uncaged.

For the SNSR power panel on the right:
- The FLIR switch is used to apply power to a targeting pod.
- The LTD/R switch is used to enable the designating laser on the targeting pod.
- The LST/NFLIR switch would be used for the AAR-50 Thermal Imaging Navigation Set (TINS, or NAVFLIR) or the ASQ-173 Laser Spot Tracker pod, neither of which are available in DCS, so this switch isn't required for anything.

@Tholozor @BarTzi

Thank you guys so much for the reply, as I said in the beginning my 1st post on this forum was pretty stupid well now I got the 2nd... I did not understand it as much as I initally thought. Once again thanks for the explanation and very quick reply's.  Will try it out right away! 

Enjoy your weekend guys ❤️