Special Option to auto-Boresight IHADSS

Clogger

As we have the option to have the IHADDS rendered in in a number of ways, it makes it a bit of gymnastics routine to bore sight the IHADDS (and not very accurate in VR if using both eye render).

Can we have an option in the specials tab to disable/enable the requirement for bore sighting.

In a hot-start helo the IHADDS are bore sighted automatically.

Thanks ED. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I'm getting an acceptable IHADDS boresight as the pilot but am struggling when I move to the CPG position after a cold start.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

@NineLine @BIGNEWY

Lots of guys are having probs with boresighting in VR, this may be a simple solution IMHO, I don't think bore-sighting adds to much in the way of immersion but for those that do like doing it having the option in the special tab doesn't effect them.

Below is one of the topics, seems a lot are struggling.

If I render in my right eye VR, I can boresight fine following the procedure, but in both eye render in VR (which ED did to help users) it is not accurate at all as you have to focus on the boresight and line up a double image of the cross hair which can be hit or miss (literally). 

Edited by Clogger
  • Like 1

I have a fused spine, and much like the physical contortions required to boresight the IHAADS in the apache, there are just as many awkward contortions required to pause track ir, re-center the camera, then adjust the camera using the keyboard binds to get the IHAADS aligned properly.  While this is, no doubt, very realistic, I'd be greatly appreciative if there was a "cheat" or some other way to force an accurate boresight on the IHAADS so I'm not spending two or three times as long boresighting than my buddies who all haven't been betrayed by their bodies. 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I don't have a problem moving around but in all the time I've had the Apache I've only been able to boresight the iHAADS ONCE. It's really a pain to try and fly with NVS when your seeing double images. 

I'm sure that part of the system needs some tweaking because I can't see a real pilot flying a combat mission like this. 

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

16 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

I don't have a problem moving around but in all the time I've had the Apache I've only been able to boresight the iHAADS ONCE. It's really a pain to try and fly with NVS when your seeing double images. 

I'm sure that part of the system needs some tweaking because I can't see a real pilot flying a combat mission like this. 

NVS will give you double image almost all the time. It's in front of you and lower than your eyes, so there will be paralax unless you look at one specific point where images will meet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it’s possible to do the necessary adjustments to get the IHADSS lined up for you once, then save that as a Snap View that you can recall again when you need to boresight?

You might even be able to get it close manually, then dial it in by editing the Snap View info in the .lua file to get it exact. 

Another thought. If you use the auto-start “cheat” WIN+HOME, does it boresight the IHADSS for you?  Not sure if it does or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would appreciate this option too. My head tracking can be a little imprecise at times. It's good enough to look around and strafe a target with the gun or slave the tads near a target, but aligning requires rather precise movements, and the thing just keeps just slightly overadjusting It'd be nice to have an option where the boresighting step is not required.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:51 PM, FalcoGer said:

Would appreciate this option too. My head tracking can be a little imprecise at times. It's good enough to look around and strafe a target with the gun or slave the tads near a target, but aligning requires rather precise movements, and the thing just keeps just slightly overadjusting It'd be nice to have an option where the boresighting step is not required.

Perhaps an aircraft toggle 'Auto boresight' or something might be appreciated.... 

• Raptor9 changed the title to Special Option to auto-Boresight IHADSS