Vaicom Radio for AH64

Goofeyfoot

Hmm I thought the latest Vaicom update was to add support for the Apache. I have not used it enough to see for myself yet. Mainly just learning cold start and how to take off and land - got my hands full with just those. And I don't really need Vaicom/Voice Attack whilst I am learning those.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

yes... it was supposed... but..... I suppose the testing was not made deep.

Yeah I keep losing contact with Kutaisi in the cold start training mission, after I have taken off and flown around for a bit. Seems to be quite random but is aggravating.

I am not sure losing contact is the appropriate term - when I call inbound I get the confirmation beep but my pilot says nothing at all.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I have issues with the AH64D and VaicomPro, too.

Sometimes ATC repeats to my requests, sometimes it does nothing.

When ATC repeats not via voice, but a harsh squelching sound responds.

The issue looks like the problems with the UH1 a few weeks ago….seems AH64 integration in VAicomPro doesn‘t work as it should so far….

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Afghanistan - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Open Vaicom config window on top left and voice attack window on the right, You got to assigna for way hat to make it  work,UP intercon, Down Uhf right Vhf AM, And left Vhf FM1, Vaicom will pick up the changes, But make sure you go to the VAICOM editor and reload because the update is there. Happy hunting.

20220427_224545.jpg

Edited by xmudroller
Grammar Errors

This is a new update? I got one shortly after Apache was released. Confusing...

Edited by dburne

Don B

6 hours ago, dburne said:

This is a new update? I got one shortly after Apache was released. Confusing...

Latest on the website is 2.5.27.3

Not sure what OP means, maybe he's found some workaround since he's using MULTI, which should not be necessary. And not like how the Apache is designed.
But sure, whatever floats whoever's boat if it works! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Latest on the website is 2.5.27.3

Not sure what OP means, maybe he's found some workaround since he's using MULTI, which should not be necessary. And not like how the Apache is designed.
But sure, whatever floats whoever's boat if it works! :thumbup:

Ok thanks I have the latest version then.

• Like 1

Don B

15 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Don't know what it is mean to set all the radios to 4 way switch. I already had it this way, and never worked. Only with simple communications..... and still no patch. 

In the real Apache, the radio is a two way switch, radio/ICS. And to simulate this, you set the dial to normal, but then ICS "doesn't show" like it should. But if you set the dial to multi, you can use multiple TXs. But this is "realistic". 

Just turn the dial and you'll se what I mean. 😊 

Thanks for the assist. 

In Norm or in Multi don't make any difference. It seems that is ok when I takeoff when engines running, so I can call the menus by voice on land or after takeoff, but if I make in the mission editor a single Apache just flying, then I try to call the menu options with Vaicom and it won't appear. As said, if I start from gound yes... and even after takeoff it appears.

There is a quick mission in Marianas called Battle for Saipan: highway, that starts on ship and all menus appear right, Just when airborned we have the problem. Don't know why in one of the missions appears right and others not

Here is the track of my built mission to try.

ApacheNoRadioAirborned.trk

I have set Vaicom to multi with easy Communications.

ATC seems to work on the ground and airborne. So this is Fine.

also functions like aocs, kneeboard seems to work. Bit have to Check out more.

But not commanding my AI wingmen.

E.G. when I say: Two (confirmation beep comes in correct) return to Base (confirmation beep comes in correct), there‘s no answer coming from my wingman and he stays in formation. Nothing more happens.

I can only command my wingmen via communications menu and choosing the different commands with saying „take 1“ and so on. Then I get audible confirmation of commands and the wingmen execute them.

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Afghanistan - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

1 hour ago, corbu1 said:

I have set Vaicom to multi with easy Communications.

ATC seems to work on the ground and airborne. So this is Fine.

also functions like aocs, kneeboard seems to work. Bit have to Check out more.

But not commanding my AI wingmen.

E.G. when I say: Two (confirmation beep comes in correct) return to Base (confirmation beep comes in correct), there‘s no answer coming from my wingman and he stays in formation. Nothing more happens.

I can only command my wingmen via communications menu and choosing the different commands with saying „take 1“ and so on. Then I get audible confirmation of commands and the wingmen execute them.

Hmm, yeah. I assume that with Easy Comms, frequencies are not important? Because I would check that first. And which radio you're actually transmitting on. I make that mistake in the Huey all the time. 

And BTW, I never use multi. 

Cheers! 

Yes, normally I don’t use Multi. Just switched to it to test the „solution“ with multi in this thread.

I think I‘ll go back to Norm and check some other settings.

thanks!

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704

So, I went back to Norm and tested several settings with easy comms off. Easy comms off configurations doesn‘t work for me. ATC and wingmen do not communicate with me. Sometimes ATC works but AI wingmen never do.

Easy Coms on works most of the time, but sometimes random issues occur. The issues do most happen with AI wingmen. It happens, they communicate at the beginning of the mission,  but after some time they stop communicating with me. 

Best way to communicate with AI wingmen via VaicomPro is via comms menu and choosing commands via „take“ orders.

I don‘t know if the issues are VaicomPro or AH64D module related, but something doesn‘t work properly at the moment.

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704

I think perhaps Vaicom Pro is not yet fully baked for the Apache. Hopefully more updates will come in time.

• Like 1

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Any VAICOM update for the Apache yet? Or shouldn't I bother updating?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

17 hours ago, sirrah said:

Any VAICOM update for the Apache yet? Or shouldn't I bother updating?

Just the one initial one a few weeks ago. Still not working totally properly.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don B

• 4 weeks later...

Few weeks later.. 😋

Anyone know if there is news yet from VAICOM on this matter? (did anyone from VAICOM at all react on this subject?)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

50 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Vaicom is abandonware.

Hoping all is well with @Hollywood_315. Last post was in Jan, last visit showing to the forums was in April. He did get an update to Vaicom out shortly after Apache dropped. Nothing since though. Yeah currently Vaicom is hit or miss for me. It is/was a wonderful program though and one I would hate to see go away. Not sure what I would use instead really.

Don B

Yes, that would be too sad if Vaicom would get no support anymore.😥

It makes DCS Communications with AI so much easier and intuitive.

wold not know any alternatives for it……..only DCS would enhance their own voicechat feature also for AI communications?

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704