Installation needs 8 hours.

I finally purchased the software and I'm in the process of installation but I'm not sure if I've run into a problem.    I'm installing "DCS open beta" and the ETA is 8 hours until completion.   This can't be right.   I watched an installation video for DCS and according to that, this should just take a few minutes. 

As you read this post, I've already been waiting for over an hour.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by persius

12 hours ago, persius said:

... installation video for DCS and according to that, this should just take a few minutes. 

That's nonsense. It's a huge file volume and the download rate I see is rarely above 50 MB/s although my network "infrastructure" would allow much more. A couple of hours for the basic installation sounds reasonable.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.   I was scratching my head at comment of only a few minutes was needed.  I'm guessing the individual started the process, stopped the video and then turned it back on to create the illusion that only a few minutes passed.   For me, I waited in total for about 4 hours.  What made it even worse for me was that my download rate indicated 0.0. but it was still downloading nevertheless.

Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, persius said:

What made it even worse for me was that my download rate indicated 0.0. but it was still downloading nevertheless.

Thanks. 

Sounds like a slow WiFi. I tend to use task manager to see the download rate. Performance tab, select WiFi.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5