Trouble getting ICS to work between PLT and CPG

Floyd1212
Go to solution Solved by admiki,

I was trying to get the in-game intercom to work with a friend in a MP mission, but we were unsuccessful. 

We messed with the various modes of the ICS switch, adjusted the Master Volume and SENS settings, flipped it to PTT and mapped the PTT button, toggled the squelch switches for the radios, etc.  We could hear static, depending on the position of the squelch switches, but could never hear our voices.

image.png

Is SRS required to get this working? (That is one thing we haven't tried yet.)

Does the "Voice Chat" box have to be enabled in the Options > Audio menu? (We tried it both ways.)

Does the "Hear like in Helmet" box have to be enabled in the Options > Audio menu? (We didn't try this, but taken literally I suppose this would be necessary to hear through the intercom built into your helmet.)

Any suggestions?  I'm sure it's something simple we are overlooking...

Did you turn on VOIP in the server settings?

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I think it should @Floyd1212 . I just loaded a Instant action mission as a MP Mission.

And I opened the dcs VOIP UI for me "left ctrl + left shift + TAB" than make sure your volume is actually on check settings symbol.(marked in red, mine was at 0 )

Then check the freq Button to use radios and radio freqs instead of chat rooms(yellow), then bind ICP VOIP and RADIO VOIP in ah64 controls, if you have the windows open you can also see transmitting on selected in game cockpit radio with a red dot.

As I understand it if you don`t switch to Radio mode you use chat rooms instead, and therefore you might have to bin PTT key in UI layer.

Unfortunately there are no RADIO Click sounds currently but you can minimize the window to only see R PTT and LPTT and check when you press it they light up in red.

Some multiplayer servers have DCS Voip disabled though, if they are using SRS.

dcs_voip_.jpg

Edited by jayst0r