Power Lever Off/Idle Not working?

ThatPieMan

Hey all, 

First post here, apologies for any issues. 
I bound up the power lever left/right Idle/off functions, but I cannot get them to operate at all. Not sure if its user error here, or a bug in the module. 
The individual functions for idle and off work fine, but not the Idle/off function. 

For me the toggle works when going from off to idle, but not when going from idle to off. Maybe my throttle axes are not close enough to zero to switch to off, didn't investigate further and just started using the off shortcut instead.

I have the power levers bound to an axis (Power levers both). 

If I move them back for shutdown they don't go back all the way. I have to grab them with the mouse to get them to the full back position. After that I can bring them to idle with the keyboard commands. 

Your axis may not be outputting the full 0-100% range. Looking at the axis tune can let you see what the axis output values are and the tuning itself with deadzones and saturations can usually ensure complete coverage. The idle-off transition is limited to a very small window around 0% axis.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, NineLine said:

Please supply a track, working fine here.

After doing some more testing it turns out:

• The off/idle when held switches them to off, and letting go returns them to idle, as if spring loaded to return to the idle position.
  • Pressing from off switches them to idle.

I assume this is the detent described in the manual. (P.52)
It may be worth changing this bind so it actually toggles between each position, as we already have buttons for each individual position for each lever, but not both at once for each position. I've included the track file, but I reckon its redundant now. 

OffIdleBug.trk

Edited by ThatPieMan

The control naming is inconsistent. Sometimes "Switch A/B" toggles between A and B on each press context and sometimes it does A on press context and B on release context. I liked it when they wrote press-release as A (B). The throttle is of the "A/B means A (B)" type which works well for Thrustmaster Warthog and similar devices that have a button in off and released when moving to idle.

Looking in the input lua observe:

value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Power Lever (Left) - OFF/IDLE'),    --a switch that does something on down and up contexts

value_down = 1.0,        name = _('VHF Squelch Switch - ON/OFF'), --a switch that does a toggle only on down contexts

And you see that both have a something/something format to the label. It's really helpful to be able to look in \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Input\AH-64D_PLT\joystick\default.lua for example and read the text to see what the command actually does when diagnosing issues. And of course if you really need to you can write in your own that act how you want them to.