I'll use this thread to ask any questions I'll have during playthrough.

First question, after taking off mission 1 and flying heading 050 I'm supposed to contact departure comm 2 channel 3. However I am unable to do that. As you can see in my screenshot I'm on comm 2 channel 3 however when I press the "communication" key nothing happens...

what else am I missing here?

1-comms.jpg

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

EDIT: i figured it out. you have to press different keys once you're in the air to activate the menu system. strange

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

7 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

EDIT: i figured it out. you have to press different keys once you're in the air to activate the menu system. strange

Glad you figured it out, for the Hornet you should use the UHF and VHF transmit switches as shown on the attached pic to activate the comms menu.

Controls.png

Edited by ChillNG

Question is Air to air refueling required in the campaign?  Thank you 

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

6 minutes ago, VIKBELL said:

Question is Air to air refueling required in the campaign?  Thank you 

The documentation states that it is available but not required. Some missions are broken into multiple parts so that you can quit and start after the AAR sequence.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Question on mission 3, I am told to fly to portal 290 and avoid the Turkish coast.  I have no idea what portal means and so I fly heading 290 and end up violating Turkish airspace.  I can’t find the word “portal” on searching campaign docs.  Please help me understand what to do here.  Thank you!

Edited by Shimvolski
Found it, it is the bullseye location. I need to enter a point and make it bullseye point.

30 minutes ago, Shimvolski said:

Question on mission 3, I am told to fly to portal 290 and avoid the Turkish coast.  I have no idea what portal means and so I fly heading 290 and end up violating Turkish airspace.  I can’t find the word “portal” on searching campaign docs.  Please help me understand what to do here.  Thank you!

You got it 👍 

So it is a  part of the Campaign I will continue working  on AAR Thank you. 

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw