Does the English version have an English Cockpit?

droz

Does the English version have the English cockpit I see in the tutorials?

All I see is russian labels in the screenshots.

Edited by droz

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

• 2 weeks later...
I wondered about learning Russian just to make in more involved ;)

Seriously though, can you have Russian wing men and betty? It's not quite right having english speaking people in this copter. Like some film.... Next thing you will have a Scotsman as a submarine captain :)

No, the Scotsman will be in the engine room saying "She can't take any more captain!":megalol:

Seriously, I got the Russian labels, but where's the Russian Betty... I want Betty to say "Watch EKRAN" in Russian like a good computer voice lady. :D

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

In the english version, the entire cockpit can be set to english, not just the labels :)

well can you tell me were the option is, becaucse all i got is the lables, when you hover mouse over the switches, it highligts them in english

but my switches are russian

Tbone

well can you tell me were the option is, becaucse all i got is the lables, when you hover mouse over the switches, it highligts them in english but my switches are russian

Tbone

Yeah, is there really option to get english cockpit?! All I see is some warning lights on overhead panel in english. (I wonder why they are in english when everything else is in russian...)

What the... Just double checked that I have cockpit language set to english but only to upper lights, ABRIS and subtitles are in english, the rest like text next to switches and such is in russia! :huh: I bought and downloaded english version from here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ the first day it was available.

Also just noticed that I cannot get screenshot to work. I have remapped screenshot key to LCtrl S (also tried LShift S) but Black Shark/Screenshot directory remains empty when I press they key. Had to take a screenshot with my camera. Here you can see ABRIS in english and the rest is in russia...BS.jpg

Edited by Kaitsu

:tomato:In the english version can i have arabic switches with chinese subtitles and Dutch speech.:crazy:

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What the... Just double checked that I have cockpit language set to english but only to upper lights, ABRIS and subtitles are in english, the rest like text next to switches and such is in russia! :huh: I bought and downloaded english version from here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ the first day it was available.

Also just noticed that I cannot get screenshot to work. I have remapped screenshot key to LCtrl S (also tried LShift S) but Black Shark/Screenshot directory remains empty when I press they key. Had to take a screenshot with my camera. Here you can see ABRIS in english and the rest is in russia...

Oh crap!!! Just noticed that I had installed english version on top of russian version that I had before! Uninstalled and reinstalled BS and now I see more english text around. :) Sorry about all this fuss...

• 3 weeks later...
Oh crap!!! Just noticed that I had installed english version on top of russian version that I had before! Uninstalled and reinstalled BS and now I see more english text around. :) Sorry about all this fuss...

I thought we could install both versions without any problems. I have both installed, but my English version cockpit is Russian with English ABRIS, labels and warnings. Also, I can't run my Russian version anymore, it just runs my English version when I double click the desktop icon, but I wanted to keep the Russian version as it seemed to run BS better than the English version (i.e. faster fps and it always had both CPU's selected by default when doing the "Ctrl+Alt+Del to set Affinity" trick. I was easily getting around 10fps more). But my X52Pro had "issues" with the Russian version, and works pretty good with the English version. I am using Win XP 32 bit, SP3.

As I've paid for both versions, is there a way to have both installed and be able to run both versions as I want them to be (i.e. English version with Full English cockpit option, and Russian version with Russian cockpit and English ABRIS, labels and warnings).