Tone and movement

Spirale

Hi,

Is there a way to hear and "feel" the bombs leaving the wings like a physical noise, or having an electronic tone like in the Harrier which indicate a bomb away if exist IRL?

Because i find annoying/ difficult to pickle bombs and never know if they are away (except fliking the switch on the armament panel and look down in a crucial moment and this switch doesn't remain in a fixed position, i fly in VR...= difficult).

A physical sound and a micro wing movement would be realistic no? I suppose that a 250 LB ( or multi MK82) leaving the wing would cause a movement.

You can hear and "feel" when bombs are dropping in the other jets in DCS, it would be fine if our Mirage could benefit from the same advantage, for a better efficiency.

Thx

• Like 3

Thx but i already know that ^^

What i wonder is: i find strange there is no movement induced by the bombs release...and no physical/structural noïse.

I find this 2 cases strange, as if the mirage were on rails and into space: bombs are aways and no sound....no movement....8 x Mk2 away at the same time ( a noticeable weight...) and the plane don't even micro moove...

That's why i wonder

ps: if it's like this IRL then amen 🙂

• Like 1

I just tried dropping Mk82Air.

Launching one does not make anything perceptible, while launching 4 at once can be heard and you feel a FM reaction to mass loss.

I think the launch feedback has been reduced a lot, but this is a core DCS behavior.

• Like 1

I just tried the BAP100, the sound is there but really faint. I only hear it with 0 interval, then the 18 sounds just play nearly as one and you hear it. I don't know why, but this is a DCS core thing. Was this reported for other modules?

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

When you are dropping MK82, do you notice a roll wing movement even slight? Me no.

Me yes 🙂 (see video)

If you expect a "jump" in roll movement, this would be unrealistic. The bomb isn't released with an impulse so there is no counter impulse on the aircraft. It just affects balance, which is already physically modelled.

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

Perhaps this will help for futher development/adjustement ? 🙂

No, as said above the mass change behavior is correct as is.

Now when it comes to sound effect, there is definitely a recent change. Dropping a single Mk82 doesn't make sound while dropping two is clearly audible.

This is core DCS behavior