Comfortable centerstick-Setup for helicopter (back-problems)

Hello there,

due to the release of the Apache and my interest in flying helicopters in general, i decided to give a centerstick a chance.

However, i couldn‘t really find a position of the stick that is actually comfortable and i am getting even aches in my back due to the position.

Either it is to high to rest my hand somewhere on my lap or (when it is far down enough) my wrist is twisted too much.

I am using a Gunfighter III base with a Modern Combat Grip Ultimate, a 200mm extension and it is mounted on a Monstertech desk mount.

Do you guys have similar problems?

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thank you!

Regards

Sebastian

I made a quick release socket for my warthog stick and cut a section out of the front of my seat cushion to fit it into. The stick slots into the socket and nestles into the cushion between my thighs.

I have a 75mm extension for the warthog that allows me to set a twist angle on the stick (it's not keyed to the base) so it's rotated counter clockwise about 15°.

The hand rest on the bottom of the stick is about 40mm above my thighs and 100mm back from my knees. I can fly like this completely relaxed for hours at a time, the seat is quite leaned back though (about 30°) like the viper seat.

I think it's most critical to keep the arm supported or hanging naturally and the wrist straight and perpendicular to the stick itself.

Photo of my setup to demonstrate.

PXL_20211209_184748390.jpg

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

what works for me is when the joy is at the center position with no input, my arm rests over my right thigh

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 4/3/2022 at 8:55 PM, Bastlwastl said:

Thank you Hunter Joker, 

i got the long version, but it‘s still a little too high and when setting up my chair higher, my wrist is bent too much.

You could (actually I do) buy an alluminium profile same of the Monstertech one but longer and substitute the one You bought and it's done!