FARP border instantly breaks landing gear.

D4n

Just small touch destroys landing gear... (as still, over 2 years after my initial related report, ED, physical contact with FARP is required for refueling... Please realize importance of road operations for Harrier, TF-51 and many many other aircraft. Especially on PvP multiplayer servers, as this is where I'm continuing to encounter this terrible glitch every single time when I refuel at FARPs.)

AwkwardCollisionGlitch.trk

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

4 hours ago, D4n said:

physical contact with FARP is required for refueling..

You don't have to physically touch the FARP. You can refuel if you are within 100 meters.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

easdasdasdasdsd

4 hours ago, Flappie said:

How on earth did your Mustang end up near an helicopter FARP? If you need a FARP for an airplane, use the invisible FARP instead. It won't break your gear. 😉

It's an issue on MP servers where the server owners don't want to change to invisible FARP for some reason(s). But good point anyways, thanks!

easdasdasdasdsd

4 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

You don't have to physically touch the FARP. You can refuel if you are within 100 meters.

negative, with TF-51 (and maybe other aswell) you have to, unless that changed very recently?

Btw, awesome signature + avatar that you have ther! 😃

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

23 hours ago, D4n said:

negative, with TF-51 (and maybe other aswell) you have to, unless that changed very recently?

Btw, awesome signature + avatar that you have ther! 😃

It used to. I check and let you know.

Thanks for the compliment, my heart is breaking for my people.

I am second generation Ukrainian American. My grandfather was born in Lviv.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 4/3/2022 at 5:01 AM, D4n said:

Just small touch destroys landing gear... (as still, over 2 years after my initial related report, ED, physical contact with FARP is required for refueling... Please realize importance of road operations for Harrier, TF-51 and many many other aircraft. 

In order to Refuel/Rearm/Repair an airplane at an helicopter FARP, Just park alongside of it and ask the ground crew just like at an airport. It is not necessary for your wheels to touch the FARP. If the crew doesn't respond, try again. Sometimes you have to ask twice. This demonstration is in SP. I don't know about MP, I don't play it.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦