VIRPIL MONGOOSE T-50 CM2 THROTTLE & F-16 HMCS [BUG?]

Hello, everyone!

I want to use encoder E1 on my throttle base to turn on the HMCS in the F-16. This works great as long as I'm not in VR.

To crank up the HMCS it takes me about 4 to 5 turns to max out when I'm not in VR.
In VR I need about 22 to 23 turns until I reach the maximum.

I cannot explain this discrepancy.

Is there a solution to this problem?

There should not be any difference in the number of clicks required from 0 to max. Are you saying that it takes 22 full rotations of the rotary encoder for full range?
That in my opinion would be a bug and should be reported as such.
You could try increasing the "value_pressed" from 0.3 and -0.3 to 1.0 and -1.0 in "default.lua", but that would only make it about 3 times faster.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It's not a full 360 degree rotation. Much more a twist with two fingers before starting again. Hope that makes sense.
But like I said, when I'm not in VR I only need 4 to 5 and in VR 22 to 23.

Where can I find the default.lua? Three times faster sounds good. I will try it.

PS: Found the Default.lua. Unfortunately it didn't work. Changing the value has resulted in no input being recognized at all, a pity.

Edited by IIurricane

26 minutes ago, IIurricane said:

It's not a full 360 degree rotation. Much more a twist with two fingers before starting again. Hope that makes sense.
But like I said, when I'm not in VR I only need 4 to 5 and in VR 22 to 23.

Where can I find the default.lua? Three times faster sounds good. I will try it.

It's in the folder "DISK:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick.
Open the file with the free Notepad++ and go to line 416. You should see these lines of code:

-- HMCS Control Panel
{	pressed = hmcs_commands.IntKnob_ITER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.HMCS,	value_pressed = -0.3,	name = _('HMCS SYMBOLOGY INT Knob - CCW/Decrease'),	category = {_('Left Auxiliary Console')}},
{	pressed = hmcs_commands.IntKnob_ITER,	cockpit_device_id = devices.HMCS,	value_pressed =  0.3,	name = _('HMCS SYMBOLOGY INT Knob - CW/Increase'),	category = {_('Left Auxiliary Console')}},

In the second and 3rd line change the values after "value_pressed". Then save the changed file and start DCS World. The two commands should now be "faster".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Found the Default.lua. Unfortunately it didn't work. Changing the value has resulted in no input being recognized at all, a pity.

I checked it with the F-18, there the activation of the HMD via the input of the encoder works without any problems, even in VR.
It must be a bug of the F-16. At least that is my conclusion.

@LeCuvier Thank you for your support.

I forgot to tell you something: when you alter the definition of a command in "default.lua" you lose the binding of that command. So you need to go into Options/Controls and re-bind the modified commands. I do not have VR, but in non-VR mode the command definitely gets a lot faster when I set the values to -0.9/0.9
You can set the values even higher. -2.0/2.0 made it really fast in non-VR. When I set it to -3.0/3.0 the INCREASE/CW still worked but the CCW/DECREASE didn't. I didn't try to find out exactly where the limits are, it takes too much time as you have to re-start the game each time.
I can't be sure, but I would suspect that the changed commands will work in VR as well.

But the fact that the behaviour is significantly different in VR is a bug and you should report it.

LeCuvier