TADS keeps slewing to right

Scuby

Hello! 

I can't figure out the following issue I'm encountering: 

When in CPG seat, with TADS sight selected and unslaved at 12 o'clock well within functional limits and with a stable hover (AI controlled), after letting go of my physical controls for the TADS cursor, the TADS sight always appears to continue slewing to the right (only horizontal movement). For the TADS cursor I have programmed the RHG manual cursor to my flightstick X & Y axis and I have experimented with various deadzones for the X axis, however even with big deadzones, it appears that the TADS sight still keeps slewing to the right with the same slow speed. Also no double axis assignments. I'm using a Virpil WarBRD base and do not experience any problems with the physical axis either as cyclic in the PLT seat, in any other DCS modules, or any other simulator for that matter. The axis are 100% jitter free. 

What could be causing this slewing to the right? 

Thanks for your help! 

Edited by Scuby

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

Same here.

Instant action mission, on the range:

- Deadzone on axis, no active input

- George AI keeping the Apache in a perfect hover

- Putting TADS on target

- Motion compensator etc is not on

- Aircraft is not moving, translating or turning

Result: TADS is continuously drifting to the right

I might sound silly, but are you sure it's not in fact George Pilot drifting in hover ever so slowly to the right, while you are looking at the TEDAC? Because I had exactly this issue previously. But I couldn't reproduce it...

Edited by Razor18

• 7 months later...

It appears that while in hover (switching seats from backseat/pilot control to frontseat/cpg control), the AI pilot ever so slightly moves to one direction instead of maintaining a steady hover. I have come to believe this has always been the cause of the reported TADS issue. I have not tested what would happen if (from the frontseat) the AI pilot is commanded to perform its hover... i.e. if this would stabilize it in space.  

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

Perhaps too obvious, and you most probably already triple checked, but just in case:

Did you ensure that horizontal slew is not bound to some other controller axis as well? 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Jup no other dx devices are bound to any other axis, for both the pilot and cfg selection. Meaning probably causing this is a slight movement in hover by the AI pilot, which I was able to visually verify at low altitude daytime from the cpg seat.    

How much movement are you talking about with the pilot drift?  What distance over what time?

And how much drift on the TADS are you seeing?

Without a video showing what you are experiencing, it's hard to say if the rest of us are noticing the same thing, or if it's a controller issue.

Roger. Will see what I can do about that and if it translates well to video, while recording VR monitor output. 

I had this happen as well. 
1 of the analog sticks on my LG rumble 2 Would "center" left. 

Solution was to re plug and calibrate. 

Usb stuff can do weird stuff sometimes. 
And I have a shortcut to joy.cpl on the desktop for quick acces. (location of joy.cpl is in system32 folder) 🙂 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]