LOD/ Rendering bubble

MadKreator

Would be nice to be able to adjust the distance/ bubble of full detail textures so pop-in isn’t as noticeable. Trees especially. The “flicker” of them changing rendering can get annoying.  I like ground textures and details as high as they can go since I do more ground attack/ low flying, it sure would nice to have  bulidings/ trees/ shadows render at full resolution a little farther away. Close up rendering works okay on shooter game on foot , but for any flying sim, it seems silly to me, that full rendering is in such a small bubble around the jet going 300+ Kts. I do understand that it can severely impact performance but the ability to be able to do so if you wish shouldn’t be limited. Extreme setting on LOD was a nice addition, but that seems to just make more objects show up farther away, but doesn’t make them render fully any farther away… Like the scenery/ terrain details factor slider needs the max increased about 5x.. but even then, when adjusting that slider,  the noticeable bubble of texture pop-in doesn’t seem to change, just lessens or increases the max quality at which things render.

• Like 3

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Yep . 100% agree . Adjustable LOD bubble would be a godsend . I too spend a lot of time down low , and the LOD in VR is disconcerting .

• Like 2

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I tried messing with the graphics.lua and didn’t really see any change, even making some settings 4-5x more lol.. some sections are labeled old and not functioning..there’s also sections down near the bottom that say hidden..maybe those are secret ones that can’t be adjusted that actually make changes.. nothing I tried adjusted the bubble though, which was the ultimate goal. Maybe the graphics.lua isn’t even the correct file to even be adjusting.. idk lol

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones