Altitude Warning Light lights up when I turn on LANDING NAV-P/O mode

ASW

I haven't flown the AJS-37 in quite a while. Probably three months. Today I decided to fly it, but I ran into a problem. After I fired the missiles, I turned around and flew back to base. When I turned on LANDING NAV mode, the red light came on. I flipped the switch to P/O, but it kept on. It only went out on the ground when I flipped the switch to BER. Why does it light up and what am I doing wrong?

GreyCat_SPb

14 hours ago, ASW said:

I haven't flown the AJS-37 in quite a while. Probably three months. Today I decided to fly it, but I ran into a problem. After I fired the missiles, I turned around and flew back to base. When I turned on LANDING NAV mode, the red light came on. I flipped the switch to P/O, but it kept on. It only went out on the ground when I flipped the switch to BER. Why does it light up and what am I doing wrong?

IIRC when you switch to LANDING mode, the aircraft automatically selects the barometer as the altitude source (instead of the radar altmeter) and if your barometric pressure isn't set correctly, it might show you much closer to the ground than you really are and the aircraft thinks you gonna collide with the ground.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

37 минут назад, QuiGon сказал:

IIRC when you switch to LANDING mode, the aircraft automatically selects the barometer as the altitude source (instead of the radar altmeter) and if your barometric pressure isn't set correctly, it might show you much closer to the ground than you really are and the aircraft thinks you gonna collide with the ground.

Thank you! Very interesting. I'm going to go try it out. 

GreyCat_SPb