Event 2, bandit spawned right behind me

After I killed the first F-16, it said I should drive towards Bigfoot for 60 seconds, then it asked me to turn back to India and press space, which I did.

I was looking for an F-16 to the west, but it spawned right behind me, fired a Sidewinder and before I knew I was dead. I probably got too far west during the first engagement so i was west of bullseye.

Its probably safer to spawn the bandit via script 10nm to the direction of the player, rather than in a static location via mission editor.

Otherwise nice mission. My strategy was to get to 30k around 315 kts and dive down behind the F-16 trying to stay inside optimum turn rate.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

3 hours ago, winghunter said:

Im not quite sure as i called ready quite late, i thought i needed to fly over india before i realised i just need to go in that direction.

Ah, that explains why. You call ready when you are, ideally a few seconds after the question. Spawn points in DCS are not dynamic unfortunately.

• Like 1

Not in the mission editor i think. But you could spawn them by script i mean, so that theres less room for user error

See here, i wrote this feel free to copy

https://github.com/fyyyyy/Bandit-on-Demand/blob/master/scripts/bandit_on_demand.lua

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• winghunter changed the title to Event 2, bandit spawned right behind me