Any plans for a patch 1.13 or 1.2?

A patch for LOFC would be great for people that really love jets, which includes me. The patch would provide the best of both worlds until BS start releasing the add-ons for jets. I plan on purchasing a copy of BS once it's released on DVD and who knows I just might become a avid rotor head.:unsure::prop:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

As far as the A2A in LO is concerned I'm pretty much happy with what my squadmate Yoda came up with. His LRM mode works quiet good in our and 104th servers and LOCERF as well.

Yoda's modification is very good. Not that I've used it, but I did read what it did. It would probably be the equivalent of a rather significant patch, if it applied the same changes to the entire game, not just multiplayer. A change like that would satisfy me.

Yes , you may be right but lets see how long that lasts without fighters. Helo sims have come and gone. This is new and well represents the KA-50. It's a new toy lets let history show us how long it will last. I am glad people are having fun with it. I do not knock ED for BS. I do for backing away from a promise. LOFC as a fighter sim will still be around just as much as aerobatics. Loved VFAT. No other sim can do that and that alone will keep it alive and well.cheers , Merry Christmas and enjoy BS.

Interest in BS is going to last at least until the next module is release, I would bet on that. Look at the DCS forum, most of the people posting there are new. They aren't the same people that have been on the LOMAC boards arguing about the AMRAAM for 5 years. Its new blood, which is excelllent. You can't assume that the lack of fighters is going to hold BS back, because it isn't.

Like I said, I'm finding it harder and harder to justify playing LOMAC in the state its in. Finally we have a study sim that doesn't look like 10 year old piece of software stitched up and propped up to be something "new". Truthfully, I'm not playing Black Shark much at all either. I'm enjoying other games and other pursuits at the moment. The fact that its a helicopter does affect my will to play (its no where near what it would be with a fighter), but this clearly isn't the case with everyone.

IMO, current or a hypothetical upcoming patched LO version definitely worths the ride untill DCS comes up with enough fighters modules to make a HvsH multiplayer environment.

LO strenght is clearly the ability to fly several modern fighters and bombers at a medium realism level with awesome graphics.

BS invites to fly the Ka-50 with outstanding realism level sure but with no more choices. And this is understandable giving the amount of work needed to release such a masterpiece.

Just wondering what computer specifications will be needed in future to run DCS with the RedTiger most wanted modules ;)

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Patch... hmmm I don't know but I feel I would like more see time spent on next module to DCS series than repairing unfinished from beginning Lock on game.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 weeks later...

There will be NO MORE patches. They have always said " when BS is finished". BS will never be finished. They plan to make more and more modules for BS.

Do the math. Saying they'll "look at" doing a patch means nothing, I'll "look at" the possibility of shoving a chopstick up my nose and into my brainpan, doesn't mean I'll do it.

There will be NO MORE PATCHES, now it would be nice for ED to admit it and allow the people carrying false hope some relief.

You just might have a very sound and realistic point here.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

^ False

Really!? As in the assumption that there will be no more patches for Lock On FC is false?

There is a GOD! :pilotfly:

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

At this point in time, an assumption either way would be premature. Now, if you want to assume there will not be a patch to save yourself the possible disappointment in the case that you are proven correct, by all means. Just please don't insinuate that we've mislead you.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

At this point in time, an assumption either way would be premature ... please don't insinuate that we've mislead you.

Copy EB; I understand that you guys have to make business decisions ... :thumbup: BTW, you wouldn't have heard any persistent rumours about the creation of a Tornado module in DCS in the near future?

I hear whispers from the 'other side of the veil' that indicate it will be ED's triumph, its pièce de résistance!

Any truth to that rumour? :music_whistling:

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

"Maybe." :D

Right-e-oh people, you heard it here first! Straight from the horses mouth; we're being promised a flyable Tornado module in 3 - 4 weeks! :joystick: :D

Cool banana's!

Cheers!

There will be NO MORE patches. They have always said " when BS is finished". BS will never be finished. They plan to make more and more modules for BS.

I don't think so. BS is one module of the new DCS series. Unless there will be a patch for DCS:BS to fix some bugs, it can be considered as finished.

So ED is not making 'more and more modules for BS' but for the DCS series.

I expect to see FC 1.13 soon, provided the company is not already busy with new commercial projects, for the military for example.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

• 2 weeks later...
At this point in time, an assumption either way would be premature. Now, if you want to assume there will not be a patch to save yourself the possible disappointment in the case that you are proven correct, by all means. Just please don't insinuate that we've mislead you.

Then prove me wrong. No word one way or the other for over a year, vague mention of " we might do it" or " we are looking at the possibility " does not count. Those statements mean nothing, they are not worth the trouble to write them.

ED knows if a patch will be done, yet they flat refuse to say if it will be. Why the games ? Is it a Russian thing ? As for insinuating you've mislead us, you actually have to say something for it to be misleading. So no, you have not mislead us.

I stand by my opinion - Any future patch work is a pipe dream. I would like nothing better than to be proven wrong, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's probably a duck.

I have to agree with DE to a certain extent. As much as a patch is needed for FC, I dont see it happening. I saw it happening when BS was still supposed to be a part of FC, which coincidentally, was the last time we heard of anything of a patch 1.13. Now we have a new sim, a new engine being built for a future release specifically for BS, and a new module to be released every 9 months or so, I dont see ED placing any time for another FC patch ever.

If I had a choice of getting an improvement in LCFC or all resources being put into introducing the LCFC aircraft set into DCS with it's advanced simulation environment ... I would be wishing for latter.

Lock On is great. But a DCS treatment of Lock On will be far greater.

So here's my message to ED ... ho p to it guys on the DCS Lock On module ... make it snappy now :D

Cheers!

Lets be honest, a patch isn't going to be able to fix the main problems in LO, ie. missile/seeker modelling. I imagine that is a ton of work. ED have a load of other stuff to be working on - A-10, AH-64 and then hoepfully a fast jet and then we'll see proper missile modelling that will totally confuse the low flyers/spammers/barrell rollers etc. The patch isn't going to happen.

I really hope they get it right this time, because if the level of detail they've put into BS is anything to go by, A2A will once again be fantastic!

I think that a patch 1.13 for FC was discussed at ED. And likely they looked into several options concerning

- the amount of work that they would have to spent to fully fix existing problems vs available time due to other commitments / projects

- the sequence of priority of current projects (of which 1.13 would be at the bottom)

- a low cost / low effort patch 1.13 as the minimum option, only changing some parameters without reprogramming / developing missile/seeker models etc

So I'm still convinced that there will be a patch 1.13 at a point in time, but don't expect too much of it.

Maybe they just change some parameters altering the overall missiles performance, but not the physics model. Maybe they even fix the online-AAR-Bug (which I think could be done, because the AAR-simulation itself is available, it can't be used in MP due to a MP problem)

Patch 1.13 will be done, but as a low cost, low effort contribution. In the end, it will not bring any money for ED, only motivate the community as the market / customers.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

It would be nice to get an official word on the possibility of a forthcoming patch whether it's positive or negative, so we can put this conversation to rest and move on.

Spoiler: