HUD VIEW INCORRECT?

Hi,

I'm new in DCS and have one question.

It looks like the HUD in the A-10 (both A-10C & A-10C II) have a wrong view or is this view correct (see pics)?

I can't see the full text on the right side of the HUD and the circle on the top too. When i move the seat down, i can see he circle but this small "nose" on top of the control panel is hiding the lower part of he HUD then.

I use TrackIR but it's still the same w/ or w/o the tracker and i have a 21:9 screen and when i change the display resolution to 16:9 it's still like this.

If I'm right and the view is wrong, can someone help me, please?

Thanks

B3473R

Screen_220404_084501.png

Screen_220404_084214a.png

Hi - and welcome to the forum!

That's an age old discussion. If you search a bit, you will find multiple threads about it. Short answer: Correct as is. (or at least, ED does not intend to change it afaik)

You need to work with your head/camera position and zoom factors to get a good view at the hud.

Set a more realistic fov/zoom first (something between 60-85 Edit: for a 21:9 screen, a bigger value might be applicable), and then move your head position. When you find a good spot, you can save it as default with RCtrl+Num0.

From there you can zoom in and out as you like again. (with possible penalties on your hud)

BUT: To manage expectations - the A-10 is more challenging in that regard than other aircraft. Never found a 100% solution!

Edit: For finding your best position and standard zoom, I'd recommend to turn of Headtracking. When your done, you can turn it back on.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Yeah, try it.

Just to make sure - look at some other threads regarding this topic. To be able to save your view, you need to turn on the user save snapview option in the game options.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

A couple points to bear in mind (and just to beat a couple dead horses too):

• The HUD was designed to be visible across two eyes, so, unfortunately, that means if you're not playing in VR, you might see less of the HUD, hence having to move the viewpoint a little forwards
  • The little bump at the bottom of the HUD is the video camera (non functional in DCS)
  • The default seat view that ED intends has the HUD top edge about 5 degrees below the horizon on the ground, and the boresight circle just barely not visible without moving your head.  A lot of people complain this is unrealistic, and a lot of people claim this is realistic.
  • In ground attack, your priority is looking down and over the nose rather than up, so I just go with it 🙂

Ah, and @Hiob mentioned adjusting zoom--you actually want to adjust your head position forwards, IIRC that's RSHFT+RCTRL+Numpad /    That makes the HUD frame bigger in comparison to the HUD display.  Zooming in will make both bigger by the same proportion, but the HUD display will remain cut off by the HUD frame

Edit: Oops, no @Hiob got it right, I didn't read his whole post 🙂 

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 2