AH64 Cockpit Arguments - VPC LED Tool

Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

Hello all, not sure where this belongs so posting in here as its the best place I can tell at the moment.

I am running a VPC LED Tool on my machine, which grabs certain exported arguments and allows me to set triggers and LED states based on certain events in cockpit. For example, A/S turns my stick LED green/red depending on safe/armed, I have also programmed my Master Caution reset button to flash when its triggered and then return to green when reset.

The way VPC LED works is that there it has the standard telemetry available for every DCS module, that it looks for. Then a second module dependant LUA file for each aircraft specific data. In this case the AH64 has Master Caution as I mentioned above, but not Master Warning. There are a few others missing which I would like as well like Tail Wheel lock.

How/Where do I find the list of all exported cockpit arguments for the AH64 please, so I can add them to the LUA to programme the LEDS from

Thanks 🙂

Edited by noisy_lightning
Link For VPC Tool

I am interested for this for the exact same reason! 🙂 I am trying to find this at the moment... I have found in the DCS manual manual under the section "Cockpit Triggers Guide" that these arguments can be found in the directory: X:\Game Directory\Scripts\Aircrafts

I cannot find something there though. I hope we find the directory/files...

EDIT

After some more digging, i think I found the lua containing the main panel lamps arguments:

X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\MainPanel\lamps.lua

The clickable items arguments are found:

X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

Edited by Costas_Ch
Possible files are found

• Solution

The ultimate way to view this is with the model viewer. Open the cockpit model and there will be a list of arguments that you can manipulate and see their effect. 

But the lamps.lua file will tell you basically everything you want. 

The one's I have found and verified for my Helios project so far are:

Pilot Master Caution: 425

Pilot Master Warn: 424

CPG Master Caution: 808

CPG Master Warn: 806

Pilot ARM: 413

Pilot SAFE: 414

Pilot Ground Override: 415

CPG ARM: 438

CPG SAFE: 439

CPG Ground Override: 440

Pilot Tailwheel Unlock: 402

CPG Tailwheel Unlock: 426

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bunny Clark said:

The ultimate way to view this is with the model viewer. Open the cockpit model and there will be a list of arguments that you can manipulate and see their effect. 

But the lamps.lua file will tell you basically everything you want. 

The one's I have found and verified for my Helios project so far are:

Pilot Master Caution: 425

Pilot Master Warn: 424

CPG Master Caution: 808

CPG Master Warn: 806

Pilot ARM: 413

Pilot SAFE: 414

Pilot Ground Override: 415

CPG ARM: 438

CPG SAFE: 439

CPG Ground Override: 440

Pilot Tailwheel Unlock: 402

CPG Tailwheel Unlock: 426

This solution is quite time consuming as this needs to try all the arguments one by one to find the one you want. On top of that, there are some that are not included. For example I wanted to map the afterburner activation... 

Has anybody a live argument monitoring solution? VLED by a virpil product user, has been developed but has some conflicts with other 3rd party software such as SRS, Stream deck etc so I cannot use it.

A live argument tracker is the best ever solution to this.