Issue: VKB MCG Ultimate "forgets" flip trigger settings

chumpeagle

Hello

I'm getting some odd behaviour with my flip trigger. I have it configured as per the screen shot so that it is my master arm switch. I flip it up to arm and down to safe. Anyway, that is probably irrelevant as my problem I will explain just from the VKB software - flip up presses button 35, flip down presses button 38.

However:

- If when I plug my stick into the computer USB port the switch is flipped up: It "forgets" this and the flipping of the switch does not press any buttons. I have to "set" the config again and it starts working. Or I unplug from the USB and do below.

- If when I plug my stick into the computer USB port the switch is flipped down: It works fine.

Everything else works as expected. In other words - the joystick forgets the trigger flip button config if the trigger is flipped up when I plug it in. If the trigger is flipped down when I plug it in everything is fine.

image.png

image.png

i7-13700k | nVidia 3080 Ti | 64GB RAM

VKB MCG Ultimate stick with old Sidewinder FFB2 as well |  Warthog Throttle | TrackIR

FC3 | F/A-18C | F-5e | Harrier | KA-50 | Spitfire

Here are the settings for my Ultimate Flip Trigger. Mine is working fine as expected so hope something in here helps.

MCG Ultiimate Trigger.jpg

Comparing the two my first thought is did you include the flip trigger in the calibration process? It needs to be. 

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I see my KD Hi and Lo are different. I have gone through and recalibrated so that looks better now. However, issue still exists.  Plug it in with the trigger flipped up and buttons 35 and 38 no longer work.  Unplug then plug it in with the trigger flipped down and it works.  Running "Set" also fixed it but it's easier just unplugging and plugging in again.

So there is something strange going on where it behaves differently depending on whether the trigger is up or down when it gets plugged into USB.

image.png

VKB MCG Ultimate stick with old Sidewinder FFB2 as well |  Warthog Throttle | TrackIR

12 hours ago, chumpeagle said:

I see my KD Hi and Lo are different. I have gone through and recalibrated so that looks better now. However, issue still exists.  Plug it in with the trigger flipped up and buttons 35 and 38 no longer work.  Unplug then plug it in with the trigger flipped down and it works.  Running "Set" also fixed it but it's easier just unplugging and plugging in again.

So there is something strange going on where it behaves differently depending on whether the trigger is up or down when it gets plugged into USB.

image.png

Well all I can say is I have never experienced that with the flip trigger on my Ultimate Grip and pretty sure I got one out of the first batches sent out. I have been running mine since Dec 2020.

I would open a support ticket with VKB on this issue.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good idea, will let you know what I find out as seems some others have the same issue, some others don't.

• Like 1

I hope all you guys have opened a support ticket with VKB to bring some what sounds like needed attention to this issue.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've just tried with firmwares v2_10_6 XT2 and before that v2_10_05(2) XT2 flashed with VKBDevCfg-C_v0.92.31 and I now can have the trigger up during start up with then working programmed buttons. Hopefully, it works for others, too.

• Like 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I have opened a ticket with VKB now so will see what they say and hold off on the firmware update yes as I'd rather run the fully released one unless they tell me otherwise. Seems you have found a fix that works though so that is good.

• 7 months later...