[NO BUG] Thrustmaster cougar right MFD problem

claw

I noticed that half the buttons on the right MFD no longer register input from my Cougar MFD. It only happens in the Harrier. I tried it in the F-18 and F-16 and there is no problem. The keybinds in de Control Configuration of the Harrier are correct and pressing an MFD button will result in highlighting of the keybind. Clearing the keybind and binding again doesn't help. I tried a repair and I reinstalled the module. But the problem persists. 

Edit for the sake of completeness: I found out what was wrong. Although not mentioned above I also removed all mods. That didn't help either. Only when I removed all keybinds associated with these mods from the SavedGames/Config/input folder the problem disappeared. It hadn't occurred to me that the keybind from one module can interfere with the keybinds of another. (Perhaps this helps somewhen someone else). 

Edited by claw
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] Thrustmaster cougar right MFD problem
  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 7:01 AM, claw said:

I noticed that half the buttons on the right MFD no longer register input from my Cougar MFD. It only happens in the Harrier. I tried it in the F-18 and F-16 and there is no problem. The keybinds in de Control Configuration of the Harrier are correct and pressing an MFD button will result in highlighting of the keybind. Clearing the keybind and binding again doesn't help. I tried a repair and I reinstalled the module. But the problem persists. 

Edit for the sake of completeness: I found out what was wrong. Although not mentioned above I also removed all mods. That didn't help either. Only when I removed all keybinds associated with these mods from the SavedGames/Config/input folder the problem disappeared. It hadn't occurred to me that the keybind from one module can interfere with the keybinds of another. (Perhaps this helps somewhen someone else). 

I'm having exactly this problem right now except it's the right MFD that's doing it. Do you know which module keybind is causing the problem?

EDIT

I just removed the key binds like you did and it fixed it. Now I guess I'll put one folder back at a time and see which one is the problem.

EDIT

Looks like it's the binding for the NS430.

Edited by bones1014
  • Thanks 1