Syria how to get better performance ?

PaulSummer

Just got Syria  but really struggling with performance - have a Ryzen 5 3600x  , 32GB @3200Mhz  -  RTX 2060 

Get great performance on the Cau map but this  it just struggles with 5-10 fps and its simply unplayable -  even in SP  tried MP and it just will not select a slot as get the wheel of death spinning  -  using all 32GB ram.

Any advice -  Tried on Low setting still the same fps only 10 -12fps ?

Thanks

Edited by PaulSummer

Check the settings for your pagefile. Set it to a fixed value between 16384 and 32768. That should help. If it doesn't, try to reduce graphics settings and see if that improves your fps. If not, the bottleneck is somewhere else. You should be fine with 32 GB of RAM. It's true that Syria will gobble all of it, but that alone does not make it slow.

(Just in case. If you're running DCS (and or Windows for that matter) from a HDD, you're next performance upgrade should be invested in SSDs - DCS is really profiting from that)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

What is your screen resolution? I would not expect anything better with your hardware if trying to render Syria in more than 1080p

Also, there are few places in Cyprus, Turkey and Lebanon I know of where Syria performance sinks considerably even for my setup, where in overall Syria exceeds 80fps for me in low level flight on High settings in 1440p.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta