Wish list (rotor removal in cockpit)

PhoenixBondi

Please bare with me as I know how dumb this sounds, BUT is there any chance we can have an option to remove the rotors once they're started while in cockpit? for some reason which I can't explain the Apache is the only Heli I own that courses my blackouts/fits/sickness to kick in, I own the Hind and the ka-50 and I have no issue with them at all or any of the aircraft i own, for some reason the apache's rotor reflection/sight in the cockpit is making me blackout/fit and games normally do not effect my condition,  i really love flying her till it gets to much for me and I really want to fly her more, if I was able to hid the spinning rotor I could/would be playing on it even more. i hope this is easy to do or a mod I can do my self with permission some how, 

Please understand i don't mean physically remove the rotors so no one can see i mean just hide them for the pilot / co pilot when in cockpit view and have it a clickable option so if someone else doesn't need it they don't have to click it.

I fly with normal 2d pc setup using headtracking which is track IR

Many thanks for even looking at my request

Added a pic of my squad apache I made to show how much I love her 😄

Screen_220404_142548.png

Edited by PhoenixBondi
  • Like 6

Sounds terrible!!!

Do you fly in 2d or VR? If you're a VR pilot then I suggest trying with and without Motion Smoothing turned on in your VR settings (for me it's in the Steam VR app). For me turning it on caused a lot of tearing in the IHADDS when looking up, but a side effect of it is that the rotor animation changes significantly. It's much less pronounced and flickery with it turned off, at least for me. It might help

Edited by frostycab
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PhoenixBondi said:

Please bare with me as I know how dumb this sounds, BUT is there any chance we can have an option to remove the rotors once they're started while in cockpit? for some reason which I can't explain the Apache is the only Heli I own that courses my blackouts/fits/sickness to kick in, I own the Hind and the ka-50 and I have no issue with them at all or any of the aircraft i own, for some reason the apache's rotor reflection/sight in the cockpit is making me blackout/fit and games normally do not effect my condition,  i really love flying her till it gets to much for me and I really want to fly her more, if I was able to hid the spinning rotor I could/would be playing on it even more. i hope this is easy to do or a mod I can do my self with permission some how, 

Please understand i don't mean physically remove the rotors so no one can see i mean just hide them for the pilot / co pilot when in cockpit view and have it a clickable option so if someone else doesn't need it they don't have to click it.

I fly with normal 2d pc setup using headtracking which is track IR

Many thanks for even looking at my request

Added a pic of my squad apache I made to show how much I love her 😄

I'll release for next WE a version of my mod that will do what you're asking for. It's already working in my PC, I just need to polish another feature (TADS mirroring removal in IHADSS).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I would be interested in this. I fly VR and bypass steamVr to use openxr. With motion reprojection enabled the artifacts and wobbles created by the rotor are terrible, far worse than using steamvr motion smoothing. But my fast jets its pretty good, certainly worth the small trade off in display quality to get silky smooth fps. The rotors are wonderfully modelled and it would be a shame to lose them at high rpm but it could be very beneficial to vr users. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shrimpy_dikdik said:

I would be interested in this. I fly VR and bypass steamVr to use openxr. With motion reprojection enabled the artifacts and wobbles created by the rotor are terrible, far worse than using steamvr motion smoothing. But my fast jets its pretty good, certainly worth the small trade off in display quality to get silky smooth fps. The rotors are wonderfully modelled and it would be a shame to lose them at high rpm but it could be very beneficial to vr users. 

What headset do you use? I did try to follow a setup tutorial for opener, but it only had instructions for WMR which doesn’t work with my Valve Index. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frostycab said:

What headset do you use? I did try to follow a setup tutorial for opener, but it only had instructions for WMR which doesn’t work with my Valve Index. 

That's with a G2 which is of course WMR. Not sure if others are supported at the moment but I'd keep an eye on it for further developments. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, Digitalvole said:

I’ll +1 that for you. Not a problem for me but I can see how much that must suck. Can’t have people missing out on the greatness that is the Apache.

Was just thinking the same thing.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps they can introduce an "epilepsy friendly" version instead of removing it completely. I imagine it pretty odd looking without any rotor.

You now, like sometimes if you look at very fast spinning things they look more slow spinning or even counter rotating. Perhaps a semi "solid" disk that moves slowly in an uncritical frequence could do the trick.

Option for removal would ne the easiest and fastest solution of coure. Mayba I'm over thinking this.

Anyway.

+1

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with this, I never thought thought that the rotors on the helos would actually cause health problems for some players. And being that turning off the in-cockpit rotors would only be client side, it wont be that much of a problem… and it saves frames too! 😂 Everybody wins!

• 2 months later...
hace 5 horas, PhoenixBondi dijo:

Still an issue and i really wanna play with my module or currently i've wasted money on it

with the mod 3dmigoto installed on your bin folder, Activate it in game (SHIFT + f7) if I remember well and  go to the correct page and disable apache rotor ..... if you cant find the page , in your d3dx_user.ini file found in the 3dmigoto folder search for the string :rotorhide and make sure it is equal to 1, this must hide the rotor blades.

Hope This Helps and you can enjoy one of the best helo module for DCS

Edited by firefox121
  • Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 6:17 AM, Hiob said:

Perhaps they can introduce an "epilepsy friendly" version instead of removing it completely. I imagine it pretty odd looking without any rotor.

You now, like sometimes if you look at very fast spinning things they look more slow spinning or even counter rotating. Perhaps a semi "solid" disk that moves slowly in an uncritical frequence could do the trick.

Option for removal would ne the easiest and fastest solution of coure. Mayba I'm over thinking this.

Anyway.

+1

No, you are thinking through the problem to find multiple solutions, that's a good thing!!  I just wish your style of "over thinking" was a lot more common...