F16 stick axis sensitivity

I'm flying with a Winwing F18 stick on extender, and I feel the F16 is kinda sluggish, I'm having a real problem with AA refuling as there feels like a real lag between moving the stick and when the plane moves. What are the best option to make the extended stick feel more responsive?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Truth is that the only time the F-16 feels right in DCS is when in CAT I. In CAT II it is very slugish and in Landing gain Mode it is even worse. Make sure you have it in CAT I for now until they fix it. 

Edited by greenmamba

The reason for this behaviour is that the F-16 has a force sensing stick in real life rather than a deflection type and it's modelled like that in game. 

To 'simulate' a force sensing stick with a normal joystick, add -25 curvature to the axis curve in the control menu to the pitch and roll axes.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:51 PM, Gunfreak said:

I'm flying with a Winwing F18 stick on extender, and I feel the F16 is kinda sluggish, I'm having a real problem with AA refuling as there feels like a real lag between moving the stick and when the plane moves. What are the best option to make the extended stick feel more responsive?

18 hours ago, Amerik said:

The reason for this behaviour is that the F-16 has a force sensing stick in real life rather than a deflection type and it's modelled like that in game. 

To 'simulate' a force sensing stick with a normal joystick, add -25 curvature to the axis curve in the control menu to the pitch and roll axes.

And again, I have use force sensing, it does not help. Your hardware is not the problem. Please read my comment. 

What are the numbers so can compare? I would have thought an extender was worst possible means to get responsive action.

Edited by CobaltUK

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

If you have a force sensing stick you can also fiddle with the saturation to make the axis more responsive. It doesn't have to be 1:1. Not so with moving axis though. Personally I never got used to using an extension with the F-16, so i took it of and side mounted my Virpil, which was perfect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 9:25 PM, despinoza said:

for me is like it has delay. adjusting the curves doesn't help for me

Yes!! All of a sudden...maybe last open beta patch. I roll left or right its like i have a huge deadzone assigned which i dont. Move stick....nothing. Then all of a sudden it rolls hard. Pitch doesnt behave this way...just roll. I find it hard to fly straight and level now cause of the "delay". im rocking back and forth. Virpil warbrd base and alpha grip if it matters. This is the only module its happening in.

Edited by Chinga