Black Skies Bug

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hello everyone,

black_skies_Mig29_der_Sonne_entgegen.jpg

Black Skies instead of blue.

Can someone plz provide me with a link to DCS 2.6? I'm playing for a year now and this is new.

Cheers ...

Edited by Job Killer

The AMD Crossfire bug was reported last year but I have no news to share unfortunately.

I've never tried to revert to 2.5.6. but theoretically, yes, it's possible. Be aware you won't be able to play online with DCS 2.5.6. See here for details on how to revert.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Before reverting, have you considered lowering some DCS graphic options? You can for instance disable ingame V-Sync and enable it in your Radeon software, disable costly things like SSAA, SSAO, and SSLR, lower clouds and water quality, and lower shadows as well.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

I've never tried to revert to 2.5.6. but theoretically, yes, it's possible.

I followed the thread mentioned, but it seems the syntax of the installer has changed without further notice (that I'd be aware of).

DOSPrompt2_install_klein.jpg

Fayl.jpg

It just installed the latest one.

Your p. o. advice to disable all consuming tools and just have the [latest Catalyst] driver do the job was a great one. The shadow-engine alone improved much. I'll do some testing and will post results (somewhere else, maybe).

Thx!

Edited by Job Killer
not really familiar w/ formatting postings

The command is "DCS_updater.exe install 2.5.6", but hey, if you're happy with your 2.7 settings, just stick with us! 😉

Edited by Flappie

I'll definitely stick with you guys, but there's still stuttering here and crossfire was hot back in 2013/2014, they put much knowledge into it, so it may worth trying.

I just checked eBay: those R9 280X OC were purchased in Oct. 2020 (for half the price they are now). There were no black skies then, and as you said, this came up round about a year ago.

unknown_module.jpg

It looks like someone tidied up.

Edited by Job Killer

Thanks for finding the link for me, I appreciate it. Maybe smells a bit like French Revolution against the Tsar there.

This old version works fine and I've put all settings to low so far and will see whether graphics engine or driver should do this and that.

Edited by Job Killer

14 hours ago, Job Killer said:

Thanks for finding the link for me, I appreciate it. Maybe smells a bit like French Revolution against the Tsar there.

This old version works fine and I've put all settings to low so far and will see whether graphics engine or driver should do this and that.

I use this utility. It does more than just swapping versions. 😉

• 4 weeks later...