ATC update

• ED Team
38 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Up until now there has been zero transpersncy about what this update really means. Simply throwing the atc acronym around is as vague as it gets. What are we getting? What are the atsu's that are being modelled?

ATC update is something for the future, we have already said it will take a long time. When we are ready to share more news we will. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Up until now there has been zero transpersncy about what this update really means. Simply throwing the atc acronym around is as vague as it gets. What are we getting? What are the atsu's that are being modelled?

Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Over the past year, our primary ATC focus has been on the Supercarrier. Now that the Supercarrier ATC system is nearing completion, we will next move on to airfield ATC radio communications. Given the scope of DCS World, this is not a simple task, and it will require three separate ATC systems: Western Modern Day, Eastern Modern Day, and World War II. 

Because this effort will require a large amount of new radio voice overs, we will also take this opportunity to update the radio communications for other entities like flight members, other flights, AWACS, tankers, etc.

This will continue to be developed in 2021, but we do not have an estimated release date.

From the official 2021 roadmap

You may or may not have noticed the new callsignes of the F-16 and F/A-18

• Like 1

My skins

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ourorborus said:

How does one get onto beta testing for this?

There is a public open beta (which most DCS server use) but currently open beta and stable are on the same version number. So there is no difference. If you want the closed alpha version to get all the secret stuff we are dreaming about, you would have to join the ED team which you can do here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/vacancies/

If you still want to upgrade from stable to open beta follow this guide:

Standalone:

Steam:

Screenshot_161.png

My skins

Cheers, but I was referring to closed beta. Like most users I already use open beta. Besides, open beta is too late to help make a good ATC system, the framework is already set at that point and you are only looking for bugs.

Just letting ED know there are some of us with expertise happy to help create something good.