Very annoying Shkval slew bug with analog axis

BlackPixxel

The Shkval slew has this very annoying bug when using analog axis:

When during the slew the direction of travel is changed by more than 90°, one of the directions of travel will be set to zero.

Here is an example:

I hold the analog stick to the right and the Shkval moves right. I move the analog stick in the bottom right corner and the Shkval moves diagonally downwards and to the right. Now I move the stick so that it is only downwards, and the Shkval stops moving. I keep holding the stick all the way down and additionally deflect it left and right, and the Skval only moves left and right. It does NOT move downward and left/right as it should in that particular case. Note that I do NOT center my stick, for the bug to appear it is important that the analog stick is moved along its maximum deflection.

This bug is very annoying, especially when trying to track moving targets, as the Shkval will suddenly stop moving even though you are deflecting the analog stick.

Attached is also a Trackfile where I just move the analog stick around, and the Shkval does not correctly follow the movement because of the bug that this post is about. I hope that my inputs can be read from that trackfile.

Shkval_slew.trk

Thank you!

• Like 1