Warning voices rework?

Schmidtfire

Is there any plans to rework the current warning sounds?

Bitchin' Betty (and Rus naggin Rita) has a lower pitch and monotone sound compared to the current EN/CH voices.

Might be a bit silly, but I know a few players who have stopped flying JF-17 mainly because of the warning sounds annoys them in a bad way 😅 
I tried to convinced them to download soundmods, but they won't do it. 

Here is a very short example of the J-10 warning (in the beginning of video) In the first seconds, you can hear a lower pitch and monotone warning sound being closer to other voices such as Betty or Rita.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

Is there any plans to rework the current warning sounds?

Bitchin' Betty (and Rus naggin Rita) has a lower pitch and monotone sound compared to the current EN/CH voices.

Might be a bit silly, but I know a few players who have stopped flying JF-17 mainly because of the warning sounds annoys them in a bad way 😅 
I tried to convinced them to download soundmods, but they won't do it. 

Here is a very short example of the J-10 warning (in the beginning of video) In the first seconds, you can hear a lower pitch and monotone warning sound being closer to other voices such as Betty or Rita.

As J20 said. There are two voices if you were not aware. EN1 and EN2, EN2 being the real world TTS (text-to-speech) voice. There is also a CHN1 and CHN2 I believe, CHN2 I believe being similar to the voice in the video you linked. 

Also as J20 said. There are sound mods available, and Deka has been gracious to make this easy to do, as there is a “custom” option under the Betty sounds option in special settings. 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 4/5/2022 at 2:27 AM, AeriaGloria said:

As J20 said. There are two voices if you were not aware. EN1 and EN2, EN2 being the real world TTS (text-to-speech) voice. There is also a CHN1 and CHN2 I believe, CHN2 I believe being similar to the voice in the video you linked. 

Also as J20 said. There are sound mods available, and Deka has been gracious to make this easy to do, as there is a “custom” option under the Betty sounds option in special settings. 

Thanks! EN2 did make it a little bit better. Not great, not terrible. 

• 3 weeks later...

It has been said before and I'll say it again... there is something alluring about the EN1 voice when she says "Missile! Missile!". Being shot at will never be the same... 😆

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."