Why was this category created in first place?

osram

No offense. It seems like it's a new category. How is this different enough from "controllers" and "profiles"?
Can I post my Helios profile in here as well now, or some of us answer questions and "maintain" it in two 'main-categories' now?
After all: It's a "Multi-Display" profile?

We will probably get the same or "different" same questions about Multimonitor, PLT/CPG-MFD-Export-Issues etc. in two different main-categories now.

Should we answer them in parallel here as well?
I don't mean to offend anyone. Really - Just think "categories" and "structures" are a very delicate thing and often not even possible to do right when trying one's best at the very start - while also having the information/knowledge that changed over "time".

One, or rather multiple people can repeatedly explain over multiple threads from different POVs and in different words. In PDF, or .docx or whatever fancy colours and formatting, or even in black-and-white - about the current issues with PLT/CPG "Multi-Display" exports.  It still seems to not help enough for some. People even looking forward to "Youtube Videos" of the issue, nowadays. For an issue that should easily be explained in TXT - Or at least resolved... in a Text-Editor.

It's the CURSE of modern tech and civilization. Communication, empathy, time, trust and patience are at an all-time LOW.
While complexity, challenges and confusion are HIGHER than ever before.

The new "Multi-Display" Category really doesn't help here;
Imho without meaning to offend anyone.

Merge into "Controllers/Profiles/Display"? Maybe?
Or maybe someone can provide insight or different viewpoint/argument. I know it's never exactly "easy", sometimes not even possible to solve everything perfectly.

Edited by osram

• ED Team

thanks for your feedback, but we felt a new sub section was needed for multi display. 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, osram said:

empathy, time, trust and patience are at an all-time LOW

Obviously!  Mebbe you could request 'Multi-display Helios Touch Only (cos nothing else counts)'...🤣

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

2 hours ago, Leg2ion said:

Obviously!  Mebbe you could request 'Multi-display Helios Touch Only (cos nothing else counts)'...🤣

Oh we got a really funny and mature one here. 🙂 It is about the repeated questions lately since myself and others got rather involved with Helios, DCS, Multi-Displays and Viewport exports for the AH-64D. Even created detailed explanations and handling-recommendations for some of the core MFD export and multi-display issues atm. (Also helping people outside of forums)

I don't really count hours, but that's aside of providing a fully-fledged and tested touch-profile for the DCS community with at least 100+ hours in about two+ weeks due to learning and first-time use. So that people people can fly the AH64 in an (imho) actually playable/enjoyable manner. Without cockpit-clickery. Almost off the very first few days. What have you provided for the community so far? Other than talking irrelevant things and engaging with people in a rather negative manner. Due to your own, potential weaknesses and insecurities, maybe?

This was a perfectly valid thought and question, on a rather basic, structural and "technological", typical 'knowledgebase' and 'userbase' level. Maybe I could have worded the question more diplomatically or in a better way? Yes. But at least I tried with a few edits. But I guess you fail to captivate that entirely or prefer to make it childish, off-topic and personal, for some reason: What you mention is never what I truly intended, seriously hinted at or the core part of the question and topic. Or maybe you have personal issues with things like "empathy". Right? 🙂 Did you somehow feel addressed? 😕

That statement is perfectly correct nowadays: People who work in tech, if not most branches notice that kind of problem since quite a "few" years.
Might be that you are quite a perfect example. Somehow. 🙂👍

If you approach random people with pure negativity and mockery. Expect some direct responses.
Even if it's just "Online". Think about that for a second or two. Or don't. Whichever you prefer; Really.

Edited by osram
  • Like 2

And want to know what the biggest irony is in all of this? Has to be the "irony-banger" of 2022, I guess. 😛

I literally out of curiosity - Just clicked your profile/post-history... and randomly clicked somewhere inside.
And there you go: Exactly that specific problem and Question by @Leg2ion- Once again.
But within the A10-C-II. Instead of AH-64-D. Exactly same problem. In Multi-Displays.

Once again. Awesome! 😄

It couldn't get any better.

PS: if you need further explanations and handling instructions.
Activate signatures, Click my Signature, Download my Profile-ZIP. It's all explained for you there - In full detail.
And most certainly in that and many more "sibling" threads.

Exactly THAT was the topic at hand. Topics and Issues that were explained in full/detail countless times...
Being explained and answered once again. Just in a different "folder" and "category" so to speak.
Because of overlapping topics, splliting or merging things where they maybe shouldn't.
Or maybe some sort of "pin" with cleaned-up, concise explanations/mini-FAQ for people about the most frequent issues/question, or some other alleviation might help.

You're the perfect, personified example as suspected; and yet didn't even notice what the problem is.
But opted to talk down to people repeatedly answering exactly your kind of questions.

Awesome 🙂 You sir, truly made my day.

Nevertheless - I'd smile, have a small laugh WITH you and have a little pint with you, IRL if we happened to stumble into eachother. 😉
Alright? Toning down even subtle/indirect negativities/provocations can
truly help wonders. And sometimes as for myself, maybe it's not even meant that way or by purpose. I know, m8.

You have a good one.

Edited by osram

12 hours ago, osram said:

But within the A10-C-II. Instead of AH-64-D. Exactly same problem. In Multi-Displays

I believe it was posted in AH (with a reference to A10), having searched for any similar issues, but thanks.🍻

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

• 2 weeks later...
Am 5.4.2022 um 15:31 schrieb BIGNEWY:

thanks for your feedback, but we felt a new sub section was needed for multi display. 

Is ED aware of the current issues with the Viewports?

Because this would be the very first step, fixing the default exports and conflicts, then we can do a setup and discuss the best way of doing it.

At the moment there are only hacks, to deactivate the normal Viewports, configs for Viewports that go into the game install etc.

I personally would prefer not to mess with the game folder to make this work, as testing stuff is difficult if your game isn't vanilla. 😉

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)