Tactics?

fox_111

well i thought it was impossible, but tonite i locked and killed an mi-24 as he headed straight for me with a vikrh.

I was doing alright in the first campaign mission, then my cat jumped on the computer and it rebooted......

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Hope I don't get an ADMIN-SPANK for this ... and this is in no way promoting another sim ... but you might find some great (general) combat helicopter tactics here:

http://www.razorworks.com/enemyengaged/mainframe.html#Strategy

Richard Hawley is, hands down, one of the best versed combat helicopter tacticians you can find on the net. Check out his strategy guides there for basics you can use in BS.

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well i thought it was impossible, but tonite i locked and killed an mi-24 as he headed straight for me with a vikrh.

I was doing alright in the first campaign mission, then my cat jumped on the computer and it rebooted......

Classic! lol! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Hope I don't get an ADMIN-SPANK for this ... and this is in no way promoting another sim ...

I hope you don't get into trouble also!! GREAT Sim :P

I would have hoped everyone in these forums would already know about EECH. Oh how I long for DCS Apache :pilotfly:

edit: but then again if the D model with radar isn't modelled it won't be much different from BS.....:music_whistling:

but then again if the D model with radar isn't modelled...

It won't be. Only the A model is planned.

it won't be much different from BS...

Oh it will be different, specifically, a good FLIR system allowing effective night missions, and two-person cockpit (player+AI or player+player). Oh and that pesky tail rotor making flying just a wee bit harder.

Of course, having a D model would give you all of those things as well, so I'd say that the difference between a Longbow sim and a Black Shark sim is trivial...they are both helicopters and you will go out and support ground troops. ;)

Flying the Longbow would kinda make a little more ass kicking. With the fire and forget hellfires missils, the game pace would be turned up a notch.

Not to mention the better 30mm chaingun under the nose, that can track target about 180deg in front of you and bellow. It's something I wish the Ka-50 had. Especially when doing a suicide run over a column, blasting rockets and firing 30 mike mike while manuvering.

I would have hoped everyone in these forums would already know about EECH. Oh how I long for DCS Apache :pilotfly:

edit: but then again if the D model with radar isn't modelled it won't be much different from BS.....:music_whistling:

I bought em all and enjoyed them, but it's been a long time since a new one has come out.

I don't remember the flight model being as challanging, that's for sure, but it's been 5 years since I flew either sim

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Flying the Longbow would kinda make a little more ass kicking. With the fire and forget hellfires missils, the game pace would be turned up a notch.

Not to mention the better 30mm chaingun under the nose, that can track target about 180deg in front of you and bellow. It's something I wish the Ka-50 had. Especially when doing a suicide run over a column, blasting rockets and firing 30 mike mike while manuvering.

Eh, its good...but its not THAT good. The 30mm has some pretty solid traverse limits, but not quite what you're thinking. The radar missiles are pretty awesome too, but...well, they're not perfect (nothing is). I personally prefer the Laser hellfires over the RF ones. Sure I have the fire and forget capability, but there are other dangers and trade offs associated with that missile that make the SAL a little more comforting.

Also, ballistics starts to play a big factor in any kind of off axis shot with the 30mm. You can hit, sure, but it's going to take a damn good gunner who really knows his systems and the ballistics playing into the shot to ensure you actually hit. Crew coordination between the pilot and gunner is critical as well. You can be the best gunner in the world, but if you're pilot can't keep you oriented so you can keep that gun trained on the enemy, then you're just a 18000 lb insurgent scarecrow.

I'd also say it's definately a lot different just in that the 64 is a 2 pilot aircraft. The task saturation in the 64 is just a shade over rediculous, and thats with the two operators. The KA50 puts everything on one guy, gunner, pilot, etc. If it's modeled properly, with the gunners seat being filled by an AI pilot or gunner (whichever seat you're not occupying) then it'll be a lot different type of simulation, and allow a little more variety, or at least i think so anyway.

Brad

Edited by bradmick