New Mission - Command Center Down

ronht

Attached you'll find the latest mission that I've completed which has 30 plus variables and triggers and will play differently over several different attempts. I've even been surprised at the different outcomes of this mission as I've worked it out to get all the scripting just right.

This mission presents quite a challenge, however, it is not impossible to complete successfully. I'll paste the mission briefings below.

enjoy

ron

=================================

Command Center Down -

The decision has been made to disrupt enemy operations by hitting the supply depot and taking down the command and control center south of Pyatigorsk.

2 Su25T's callsign Striker One will be orbiting awaiting your call after the SAM's are down. They will hit the ammo dumps when cleared "Hot". In addition, 2 Su27's will join overhead after the SAM's are down to provide air cover and hopefully help the Su25's deliver their payload on target.

The city and the Command Center are HEAVILY guarded. Make your way to the north east edge of the city and use the hills for cover. Expect a considerable force at the outskirts of the city.

The ammo dump and Communications complex coordinates are loaded into your Shark's PVI.

Use Vikhr's to take out the SAM's protecting the city and Command Center. Once that is accomplished, make a run on the Command Center and use rockets, fired in a single volly, to take the Command Center down. (set the Burst switch to "Long" before firing rockets)

Be alert for opposing forces Throughout the city and in the skies overhead. Return to Ny'e Vody to re-arm if necessary to return and take out any remaining ammo dumps. .

Good luck and good hunting.

===============================================

Fight your way to the edge of Pyatigorsk and clear the SAM's protecting the ammo dumps and Command center to make way for the airstrike.

Once clear make a run to take the Command Center down and return to base.

The city is hostile, spend as little time as possible delivering your weapons on the target.

Re-arm if necessary to take out any remaining ammo dumps. On return beware of additional enemy advancement.

Last but not least, be alert, for Command and Control personnel fleeing the Command Center from the nearby FARP north of the river. If the opportunity arises, take their helicopter down and cancel their departure.

Command Center Down.miz

• Like 3

Thanks so much for your time and effort Ron.... Where is the best place to put these? Possibly the main Missions folder?

ASUS Striker II Extreme - Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme - EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 - CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) PC3-10666 1333MHz - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33 GHz 6M L2 Cache 1333MHz FSB LGA775 Dual-Core Processor - ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W

Thanks guys.

For the questions above -

Just drop these files into the "Mission" folder then start Black Shark and they will show up by title in the Mission area.

The Su 25's are activated via a trigger by your removing the SAM threat around the Command Center and Ammo dump. The interesting part is that depending on when the opposing CAP launches (could be at mission start or much later) and depending on where (as in how close) and what type of fighter cover the Su 25's get (that is also random) their ability to destroy the ammo dumps will change with different attempts of the mission because of the threat they face with the opposing fighters.

If you get a chance after the Su's are "cleared hot" hover next to the hill and watch an outside view of the carpet bombing of the ammo dumps, it can be pretty impressive.

Glad everyone is enjoying this one. This simulation is simply amazing and I'm sure will continue to get even better.

Best to all

ron

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this mission, it's a lot of fun! The first time I rolled in there and had SAM's buzzing around like flies! It encourages good use of data link/wingman too if you want to economise on missile use. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte