Phantom radar tracks

oldcrusty

I've seen this bug number of times already. After shooting down multiple bandits, I can still see a radar track (soft lock) or an AACQ cross, usually 5, 6nm away from me, at 0 alt. and running at -400 kts. closure. The target box on my HMD was pointing directly below me though and traveling at the same speed as I was. I wasn't able to get a STT lock on it.  I will try to get a short track showing this.  All I have is a vid for now. I'm sure there are other folks that have seen this bug.

• Like 2

• ED Team

thanks for the video, but without the track replay it will be impossible to check this. 

If you can reproduce in a track replay please attach it so I can review it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's long lasting bug, always ignored as "need track".

It's impossible to reproduce it on demand. Bug appearsw in multiplayer during long mission, during combat. DCS' track system isn't capable of recording such tracks.

• Like 1

I created a simple mission with 4 a/c only, over an entire Syrian map. I was able to reproduce one of the different types of phony radar or HMD tracks. This time it showed only on radar (RWS) and was prioritized as AACQ. When something shows up as AACQ cross, it should easily be locked in SST. I wasn't able to acquire the track in SST.

In the last few seconds of this 'track'... if it plays correctly 😉

Radar test2.trk

Edited by Gripes323

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me ALL the time on the GS server.  I've reported it as a bug and included the track.  But apparently ED can't open tracks from Multiplayer files, despite the fact I'm able to open the same track file without any problems.  Perhaps ED needs to report the track files failing to open on their machines as a bug?  

I've also provided a video recording, but apparently ED doesn't understand what's going on in the video....   Basically you can't win reporting this bug.  All my F-18 friends have experienced  this bug, but ED can't reproduce it or considers it "Correct as is".  

Link to my similar report on this issue.