Radio guard ch

oldpop

Yup, pull the COM1 or COM2 UFC selector knob to bring up the menu and then select (colonize) the GRCV option. That will monitor 243 (and maybe 121.5?) internal to DCS and you should see a "G" at the end of your frequency in the SRS overlay indicating guard reception there.

Understand that, but in  RW UHF's can be turned to "UHF TX & RX + GUARD", which means the selected radio can TX and RX on selected CH, but also RX transmissions on Guard.
IIRC this currently works in SRS, if you colonize GRCV. You transmit and receive on the selected frequency and you also receive from Guard.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

SRS has some limitations. If you GRCV COM1 and then pull the COM2 knob you'll lose the "G" symbol. It's not possible to "G" the radios independently. If you GRCV COM1, COM2, or both then you get "G" on both radios in SRS.

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

SRS has some limitations. If you GRCV COM1 and then pull the COM2 knob you'll lose the "G" symbol. It's not possible to "G" the radios independently. If you GRCV COM1, COM2, or both then you get "G" on both radios in SRS.

Are you saying that you cant have the G only on 1 radio in SRS? Because I'm most certain you can (as its what I do every time I fly)

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2