Problems problems and more problems...

fabio.dangelo

On 4/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, fabio.dangelo said:

I'm seriously considering abandoning Vaicom....
More and more problems with every DCS release.
Yesterday I had to fight to get something vaguely working with Apache and today after the update no longer detects any aircraft!!!

Try clicking a TX a couple of times to see if you can kick it. If that doesn't work, restart VA while in a mission, and then try clicking a TX again.
Every mission I have now, it takes VAICOM 30 seconds to recognize the module. That's why I always run and start VA through the VAICOM tray app.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, fabio.dangelo said:

I reset everything and now it recognises all the modules.
But the problem with Apache remained... both with easy comm ON and off.

Is there any workaround or should I just wait for a new patch?

Well, I've gotta test some more. But we probably need a patch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 4/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, MAXsenna said:

Well, I've gotta test some more. But we probably need a patch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes we do. Not sure Hollywood even reads these threads any more.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes - I'm gutted by the lack of updates with Vaicom. I have grown to love it and be quite dependent on it. I've even toyed with the idea of wondering how difficult it would be to replicate a similar voice attack plugin and hooking into the lua exports and making something open source. It seems that streamdeck users have the ability to use DCS codes to connect with via export hooks, and I'm guessing VAICOM uses standard/available codes that don't require access to the SDK, so it seems it should be possible. Just a question of how much effort.

Personally I'd prefer to see Vaicom succeed. It's a wonderful tool (when it works correctly) and I'd like to see the developer benefit from their hard work (and users who have purchased it benefit from their purchase) - but if it's going to end up being abandonware - I think DCS deserves something that will continue to perform the same functionality moving forward instead of seeing these features slowly disappear due to incompatibilities with future DCS updates.

• Like 2

Yes - I'm gutted by the lack of updates with Vaicom. I have grown to love it and be quite dependent on it. I've even toyed with the idea of wondering how difficult it would be to replicate a similar voice attack plugin and hooking into the lua exports and making something open source. It seems that streamdeck users have the ability to use DCS codes to connect with via export hooks, and I'm guessing VAICOM uses standard/available codes that don't require access to the SDK, so it seems it should be possible. Just a question of how much effort.
Personally I'd prefer to see Vaicom succeed. It's a wonderful tool (when it works correctly) and I'd like to see the developer benefit from their hard work (and users who have purchased it benefit from their purchase) - but if it's going to end up being abandonware - I think DCS deserves something that will continue to perform the same functionality moving forward instead of seeing these features slowly disappear due to incompatibilities with future DCS updates.

Agree!
Pretty sure VAICOM "hooks" into DCS the exact same way DCS-Bios etc. does.
I'm crossing my fingers now the flu has passed. It seems we kind of "lost" Hollywood when that kicked in.
We already had AIRIO, but we did get Carrier ATC and kneeboard the last two years, . so who knows what's cooking.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1