ATFLIR: INR doesn't work if TDC is touched

Bankler

This bug is related to: 

But I submitted a new one, since I have clear repro, and these repro steps haven't been mention, also they explain why the bug happens less frequently on some hardware. Also I have a short .trk illustrating the problem.

Bug:

If you move the TDC stick before pressing TDC depress, the ATFLIR will not go into INR (ground stabilized mode), but instead start drifting in some kind of snowplow manner the next time you move the TDC stick.

Repro steps:

1) Nav or A/G mode. ATFLIR in ordinary "Pointed Mode" (i.e not Scene nor Auto Track)

2) Press WPDSG

3) Move the TDC stick a little (nothing will really happen, as expected)

4) Press TDC depress (nothing will happen, though INR is expected)

5) Move the TDC stick again and the image will start drifting

Remarks:

A) If you don't touch the TDC stick, but press depress right away, it works as intended.

B) Depending on harware and bindings, it might be very hard to depress without accidently pushing the TDC stick to the side a little. For instance if using the stock TM Warthog mini stick for TDC with that depress binded to TDC Depress. If you bind the TDC Depress to a completely different button, you will not really run into the bug (except by following the steps above). This explains why the bug happens to some people only.

Track:

In the track, after the first WPDSG, I go immediately TDC Depress. Note how I go into INR with no problems. Next WPDSG, I first move the TDC a little (guess it doesn't really show in the track though). Notice how INR fails and the drift starts after I TDC Depress and then try to slew.

Hornet_INR_Bug.trk

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

So just to check you dont think the it should go into INR if the TDC is moved? I will check with the team but INR maintains orientation relative to the aircraft. 

From the manual: 

Tracking Modes The ATFLIR is in one of the following tracking modes at any time:

• INR. This mode is active when the pod is being slewed. It maintains pod orientation relative to the aircraft by using inertial rate data from the aircraft.

• SCENE. The ATFLIR attempts to track the portion of the image under the reticle. This tracking mode is effective against stationary targets without well-defined edges.

• INR SCENE. The ATFLIR enters this mode when the pod is slewed while in SCENE mode. The ATFLIR will enter SCENE mode again once slewing is complete.

• AUTO. The ATFLIR attempts to track an object centroid using a contrast-detecting algorithm. This tracking mode is effective against stationary and moving targets with well defined edges, either in TV or IR mode.

• INR AUTO. The ATFLIR enters this mode when the pod is acquiring a target while in AUTO mode. The ATFLIR will enter AUTO mode once acquisition is complete.

• Designation. Pod LOS is slaved to the designated target or target waypoint.

Initially the ATFLIR will be in designation mode or will be slaved to the VVI if there is no designation. Pressing the SCS in the direction of the FLIR format will cycle between designation, SCENE, and AUTO modes. Pressing the Undesignate button once will return to INR mode, and pressing it twice will slave the pod to the VVI. In INR and SCENE modes, the pod can be slewed using the TDC. In designation mode, pressing down on the TDC will activate slew and allow the designation to moved. The TDC cannot be moved in AUTO mode, whether or not the pod is tracking a target.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2