[SP] AH-64D Georgian Hammer Campaign

HVRSggJ.jpg

Here's the conversion of the A-10C Georgian Hammer campaign for the AH-64D.

This one is single player only, for the multiplayer version see here

If you own Combined Arms, there's a tactical commander slot and, in theory, the campaign can be played entirely from that slot.

AH-64D CA Georgian Hammer Campaign SP v1.1

Place the content of the zip in (...)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Missions\Campaigns.

You can access the campaign by clicking on "campaign" in the main menu and selecting the AH-64D tab.

In some missions you can interact with ground units using the F10 radio menu.

credits: Original campaign by Eagle Dynamics, converted by Eight Ball.

1c5LMnH.jpg

T4xhb5W.png

dqbHj3r.png

AlD6Udt.png

y6OhJO9.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 12

• Eight Ball changed the title to [SP] AH-64D Georgian Hammer Campaign

uh, off to a good start...

here's the fix for those who have already downloaded v1.0 . Drop this mission in "(...)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Missions\Campaigns" and overwrite : CA-Push 0-0

First post updated with a new  download link to v1.1 containing the fix.

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't started this yet, well I did start with a bang, thanks for fixing that btw, just wondering if it is all cold starts, if not are you planning on it? No big deal if you are not planning on it, I will just spend a few hours sometime in the near future making them all cold start before I do the campaign. (Not a fan of hot start).

Edited by Nevyn

Awesome work @Eight Ball!

Many thanks!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks. Can’t wait to give this a go with my friend this weekend, planning to do both multicrew and MP version. 

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Just flew the fam flight mission and the 2nd mission (got shot down by a T-72 on second one due to my own stupidity 😅).

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here, or it is VA VAICOM acting up again (as always 😒), but my wingman doesn't response to my orders. I made 100% sure I'm on the correct frequencies, as stated in the mission briefing, and I can hear and interact with the other flights (JTAC, AWACS), but my wingman does not respond.

I'm fairly sure he's on some other freq, but I don't know which one. Anyone else having this issue?

Some other small feedback:

On mission 1; at least one enemy Su-25 got shot down. Not sure if this is intended (Mission one being a fam flight)

On mission 2; the initial radio calls from the assisting flights (CAP, CAS and SEAD), are extremely loud

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ditto on the loud radio in mission 2.  That particular sound file can prob be edited to reduce the volume.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

3 hours ago, Supmua said:

Ditto on the loud radio in mission 2.  That particular sound file can prob be edited to reduce the volume.

Didn't you have problems with giving orders to your wingman?

(Really would like to know if there's something wrong on my end)

System specs:

4 hours ago, DCS.Fighter.Masi said:

I am already struggling with Mission 2. I always got shot down by the first row of enemy befor WP5.

Try to dispatch SEAD and CAP flights before you take off... and beware the SAM's.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, sirrah said:

Just flew the fam flight mission and the 2nd mission (got shot down by a T-72 on second one due to my own stupidity 😅).

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here, or it is VA VAICOM acting up again (as always 😒), but my wingman doesn't response to my orders. I made 100% sure I'm on the correct frequencies, as stated in the mission briefing, and I can hear and interact with the other flights (JTAC, AWACS), but my wingman does not respond.

I'm fairly sure he's on some other freq, but I don't know which one. Anyone else having this issue?

Some other small feedback:

On mission 1; at least one enemy Su-25 got shot down. Not sure if this is intended (Mission one being a fam flight)

On mission 2; the initial radio calls from the assisting flights (CAP, CAS and SEAD), are extremely loud

Vaicom only works in easy comms with AH-64D at this momment.

For loud audio you can use Audacity to edit those ogg files individually.  In mission 2, for example, the ready for tasking sound is way too loud.  I reduced the gain to -20dB and this is now so much better.  The mission complete file is also a bit loud, I also reduced this to -10dB.

I did make the "ready for tasking" sounds a bitter louder on purpose since they happen shortly after mission start, while the APU might be running and other helo/aircraft starting up/taking off. I will edit those sound files and replace them.

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

Didn't you have problems with giving orders to your wingman?

I did not. Sometimes I couldnt hear him but he would always follow orders

Edited by Eight Ball

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

For loud audio you can use Audacity to edit those ogg files individually.  In mission 2, for example, the ready for tasking sound is way too loud.  I reduced the gain to -20dB and this is now so much better.  The mission complete file is also a bit loud, I also reduced this to -10dB.

Can you share your files? Or maybe send to author of this mod as a fix? Thx!

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

51 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

I did not. Sometimes I couldnt hear him but the would always follow the orders

Just to be sure, you were on 124.0 and 251.0 like stated in the briefing?

I tried again today and made sure VA VAICOM was not running, but my wingman was still unresponsive to any of my orders

System specs:

26 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Just to be sure, you were on 124.0 and 251.0 like stated in the briefing?

😬

That's something I haven't really paid attention to, I...I use easy radio :sad_2:

The briefing is inacurate, your flight is on 127.5 AM...will fix that too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

39 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Can you share your files? Or maybe send to author of this mod as a fix? Thx!

It's fine, it's an easy fix.

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1