Intercept cue cross

falconzx

Before posting in Bugs section i wanna ask how this instrument logic is supposed to work.

I noticed that in RWS, more exactly in SAM mode or DTT, when we have at least one track bugged, the Azimuth and Elevation Carets are following a strange logic when they stop to the contact position to update the tracking informations. If you try it leveled it's all ok and seems normal, the strange logic is noticeable when you start banking, and it's quite evident when you are up side down, i mean 180° of bank.

The intercept cue cross, seems following the same logic, i imagine you have to center it to the radar screen to have a computer calculated lead intercept course, well, it seems to be correct only when your wings are leveled, if you go, in the extreme case, upside down, 180° of bank, it's completely reversed.

Someone have noticed that, yet?

Best regards.

Edited by falconzx

In this track you can see two issues:

-First, when i roll 180° degree, and i want for example scan the same area the contact is, what you can see from the carets is that radar is struggling to move out of the area i want to scan to retreive data of my bugged contact, this should happen when i search in a different portion of the airspace, and not when i'm searching in the same area. On the other side, when i scan a different area, the radar position is very close to the target... The same happens to the elevation but it's less evident in this example.

-At the end of the track i make some rolls keeping my heading quite steady on 360°. Look at the Intercept course, it moves following my rolls, it's something that shouldn't happen.

Actually seems that in RWS bugging the Carets visualization and the calculation subdued to that datas (apparently the SAM patterns too), are considering the antenna position before it gets gyro stabilized to match the MFD visualization.

f-16_RWS_carets_scannedarea_and_InterceptCross.trk

Edited by falconzx