Two first operational Gripen of the Brazilian Air Force are delivered

pampa14

Yesterday took off for the first time in Brazilian skies the first two series production F-39E Gripen fighters of the Brazilian Air Force. I share with you the largest and most complete report published on the arrival of fighter jets in Brazil, with tons of photos, maps, diagrams and much more, in addition to a lot of information.

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com/2022/04/o-futuro-chegou-caca-brasileira-ganha.html

1.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the report, it was a very interesting reading.  Wonder why didn't the FAB bring the aircrafts in flight ... it should be feasible.

In 1974 Chile flew six Hawker Hunters from the UK to Chile without using air refuelling and with much more primitive navigation equipment. The route was UK - Seville, Spain - Canary Islands - Dakar - Monrovia - Ascension Island - Recife, Brazil - Rio, Brazil - Asunción, Paraguay - Antofagasta, Chile - Santiago, Chile. There were actually two separate flights made, each with three aircrafts. All aircrafts arrived safely  🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks for the report, it was a very interesting reading.  Wonder why didn't the FAB bring the aircrafts in flight ... it should be feasible.

In 1974 Chile flew six Hawker Hunters from the UK to Chile without using air refuelling and with much more primitive navigation equipment. The route was UK - Seville, Spain - Canary Islands - Dakar - Monrovia - Ascension Island - Recife, Brazil - Rio, Brazil - Asunción, Paraguay - Antofagasta, Chile - Santiago, Chile. There were actually two separate flights made, each with three aircrafts. All aircrafts arrived safely  🙂

hehe that's a lot of stops!

I was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't flying them in have been cheaper? (it would have been a lot easier and faster at least 😅)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 year later...

Brazil received a week ago a further batch of the 66 unit order that is still being delivered ... on this video you can see how they were towed trough streets from the shipping port to the airport:

Here is an interview on why they didn't arrive by air:

The videos have automatic subtitles.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB