Just want to say thank you!

I think this is the best campaign since Raven One. The level of details are insanely amazing. Just reading through the Intelligence Briefing and SPINS makes me feel like real fighter pilot on his way to a new theater. The dialogue are amazing with different responses based on our action. Love the departure/arrival procedures. Just finished mission 1 twice. My first attempt I got lost on arrival sequence. Coming to low over Ceyhan (only relying on my TACAN to find my bearing) The ATC scold me for flying to low over Ceyhan. lol got 80 points.
Second attempt, tried to familiarized myself with the landmarks/cities to find my way through corridor 302. Coming into runway too high and have to make an overhead landing pattern, This time the  ATC lady  said that she's not impressed with my flyby. 😄 but at least I got 100 score this time. 

I can only imagine the time, hard work  and effort you did to make this. Thank you for giving us this insanely immersive campaign!

• Like 2

i9 9900K | GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | M2 SSD 512 | SSD 1T | 2x HDD 2T | TM Warthog Stick & Throttle | TM TPR | TM MFD | TrackIR 5 Pro | Rift S

Good sentiments.

Which methods are people using to find the 331 and 302 corridors when visibility is low? (Especially since the map function doesn't seem to work on the HSI on the Hornet in Syria)

I can use the TACAN and enter the appropriate course line so that I intercept the Falcon and Eagle points just fine, but if there's cloud between me and the ground it's kind of hard to find where the corridors are before that. I think in mission 3 I overflew one of the restricted areas and thus didn't receive a 100 score. If it's complete VFR conditions it's not an issue, obviously, but otherwise I may have to tolerate some negative comments from ATC or a less-than-perfect score at the end 🤫

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

50 minutes ago, Pasopati said:

I think this is the best campaign since Raven One. The level of details are insanely amazing. Just reading through the Intelligence Briefing and SPINS makes me feel like real fighter pilot on his way to a new theater. The dialogue are amazing with different responses based on our action. Love the departure/arrival procedures. Just finished mission 1 twice. My first attempt I got lost on arrival sequence. Coming to low over Ceyhan (only relying on my TACAN to find my bearing) The ATC scold me for flying to low over Ceyhan. lol got 80 points.
Second attempt, tried to familiarized myself with the landmarks/cities to find my way through corridor 302. Coming into runway too high and have to make an overhead landing pattern, This time the  ATC lady  said that she's not impressed with my flyby. 😄 but at least I got 100 score this time. 

I can only imagine the time, hard work  and effort you did to make this. Thank you for giving us this insanely immersive campaign!

Thanks very much 😀, glad you like these extra details, adds a lot the immersion I think, and the fact you are having to think about your landing navigation instead of flying home without any thought adds extra engagement with the mission I hope.

32 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Good sentiments.

Which methods are people using to find the 331 and 302 corridors when visibility is low? (Especially since the map function doesn't seem to work on the HSI on the Hornet in Syria)

I can use the TACAN and enter the appropriate course line so that I intercept the Falcon and Eagle points just fine, but if there's cloud between me and the ground it's kind of hard to find where the corridors are before that. I think in mission 3 I overflew one of the restricted areas and thus didn't receive a 100 score. If it's complete VFR conditions it's not an issue, obviously, but otherwise I may have to tolerate some negative comments from ATC or a less-than-perfect score at the end 🤫

I think the HSI/SA map works on a 10 mile scale, but not any others on Syria (I wish they'd fix it, it worked for the first few months and then got bugged), the ATC was originally designed with this function working.  Hot tip - I don't think that once you are checked in with RAPCON Arrival that the mission looks at your altitude again (except for the noise abatement areas like Ceyhan), so if need be you can be sneaky and dip below the cloud to visually check landmarks.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 4:02 PM, unlikely_spider said:

Good sentiments.

Hi,

I create and use waypoints:

Dortyol -> 302 N36°50.014'/E036°13.361'
       Long Final 23    N37°07.254'/E035°38.448'
 23 Initial (5nm+-) N37°03.003'/E035°30.313'
THR 23 N37°00.615'/E035°26.376'

Same here!!!! I am having a lot of fun here!

Tks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the campaign! One of the most realistic series of missions I've ever flown in DCS.

Having a comm plan/radio plan is a a must. Imo channels 4 (approach) and 5 (arrival) in comm 2 are correctly sequenced but in the part of the world I'm flying is the opposite. We first contact arrival after the enroute portion of the flight and then we are handed over to the approach controller. I know this is the different in other parts of the world.

Again, good job and thanks for your work!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ciervo111 said:

Thanks for the campaign! One of the most realistic series of missions I've ever flown in DCS.

Having a comm plan/radio plan is a a must. Imo channels 4 (approach) and 5 (arrival) in comm 2 are correctly sequenced but in the part of the world I'm flying is the opposite. We first contact arrival after the enroute portion of the flight and then we are handed over to the approach controller. I know this is the different in other parts of the world.

Again, good job and thanks for your work!

Thank you!