Passing through 100knots….

RuskyV
Go to solution Solved by NeMoGas,

I have noticed with the SCAS system as you pass through 100knots bunting the cyclic forwards starts to induce a role to the left as the nose dips, this becomes very twitchy beyond 120knots, with anything over 130knots you start to loose the roll authority to counter this phenomenon, This might well be correct behaviour of course.

If the trimmer switch is held to desaturate the SCAS while at these speeds it will start to roll, cycling from left to right. Anything at or below 100knots is fine.

24 minutes ago, Swift. said:

It sounds quite slow for retreating blade stall, doesnt it? 

It does a bit. It only starts to get bad at 135ish. Perhaps RBS was the wrong term. What I was trying to suggest is that at higher speeds my limited knowledge of physics suggests to me that there will at some point be a perceivable lift imbalance, evidenced by OP saying that the roll always seems to begin towards the retreating blade side. 

3 hours ago, admiki said:

Reduce collective, it will reduce blade attack angle and get you out of RBS

At 100knots you are nowhere near RBS. That doesn’t become a concern until about 180+ knots or so. If you’re at high speed and push forward cyclic the aircraft just floats vertically, but I won’t belabor the point, it’s already been reported. 

Edited by bradmick
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bradmick said:

At 100knots you are nowhere near RBS. That doesn’t become a concern until about 180+ knots or so. If you’re at high speed and push forward cyclic the aircraft just floats vertically, but I won’t belabor the point, it’s already been reported. 

I agree, I was just responding to comment that it is hard to get out of rolling tendency