please.. a future DCS WWII module with multicrew and turrets!!!

hannibal

F14..is a blast.. and still is.

recent AH64 is amazing for coop play.

i wish and hope for an aircraft with multiple crewed gunner position... or even just one turret like the Ju87 stuka

lots of fun.

begging for a B25 mitchell... B17?maybe? He111... wishful thinking!

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 4

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

But where does one get six friends to fly with simultaneously?  .. honestly, I much prefer single seat aircraft and fly whenever I feel like it 🙂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I suspect we’ll see 2 seaters with gunner positions but not large multi crews.

An aircraft with lots of crew stations like a B17 or Lancaster would be an enormous ammount of work to complete to the quality level of the existing single seaters and also difficult to monetarise effectively. I do think we could see something like this from a mod team, they could get away with short cuts ED couldn’t and they don’t have to worry about paying people and charging $200 for a module…

7 hours ago, Mogster said:

I suspect we’ll see 2 seaters with gunner positions but not large multi crew

any aircraft ED spends their time for, am grateful..

this thread only to be hopeful! 🙂

a wishlist!

any prospect of a plane with one turret or multiple, would be amazing.

if not, i am happy for existing modules still!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

9 hours ago, Mogster said:

An aircraft with lots of crew stations like a B17 or Lancaster would be an enormous ammount of work to complete to the quality level of the existing single seaters and also difficult to monetarise effectively. I do think we could see something like this from a mod team, they could get away with short cuts ED couldn’t and they don’t have to worry about paying people and charging $200 for a module…

Couldn't it work similar to the Apache? lets say you have 6 stations that the player can jump in and out of with Ai pilots/gunners replacing the real player as he/she moves about. And you could even make it multi-crew so that if you had 2, or more real players in the same plane, you have less Ai replacements.

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 3

Yeah as I found out on a couple of other platforms, multicrew seems to be more of a friend thing surprisingly enough. But if it worked like the Apache, and you were with 2 to 5 of your friends your good to go. But if your solo, then the Ai pilot/gunners kick in. I think modeling WWII bombers would be a great addition to DCS WWII.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Why are so many really interesting mods not official DCS World kit?

Because sometimes you simply can't make a mod into official. Mods skirt issues such as the intellectual property, the likeness and so on, of the original rights holders of the real aircraft and it's manufacturer. Even for old things long out of production made by companies that don't exist today... SOMEONE almost always owns the rights to part of it.  So getting permission might require cash money. Or acceding to several seemingly unreasonable demands. Or they might not give any permission no matter what you try to do to make it happen. Maybe the fees they want would be rediculously high and not make it worthwhile.

But I feel your pain, there are many decent mods out there that deserve to thrive.

Edited by Rick50

18 hours ago, Mogster said:

I hear you... but in the last two years I've assumed that the complexity of making a full fidellity module for the F-4 Phantom, and the AH-64D would be REALLY difficult, I mean there's a LOT of factors in those two subjects. Yet the Apache has had a successful launch into Early Access, and the Phantom is full steam development at Heatblur... soooo... maybe they are not as complex as I thought (unlikely), or those two dev teams are able to do the VERY difficult projects (more likely) and deliver!

Having been inside an Lancaster a few years ago with my brother, it would not be any more difficult to make the 3d model than for the Mossie, Thunderbolt... it's just more sheet metal parts, and more workstations.  I think the biggest hurdle would not be recreating the aircraft at all, but rather making sure that the network coding is stable enough for having humans and AI crew be able to jumps  from workstation to station, ensure that all the projectiles from all the turrets works well in DCS. That might require a future update to DCS World. But after that, I've every confidence that Mitchels, Lancasters and Flying Fortresses could be in our future!!

Edit: Not saying it WILL happen, just that I don't see any real pitfalls for such a project. And I don't even think it would be any more expensive that the current high end like the Apache Hornet and Tomcat, which have to model many weapons systems, many radar modes and display pages, none of which apply to a ww2 medium or heavy bomber. 

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

I've had a quite a bit of fun being the Nav for Mosquitos so far. Navigating over long distances in that thing, especially at night, can be difficult and time consuming if you're not familiar with the older equipment, or not very well spun up on your E6B. 

Continuing on this point, I think 2 seat heavy fighters, or light bombers are the way to go for DCS WWII multicrew. Its a horrendous shame as I'd love nothing more than to fly a heavy bomber.

Nevertheless, here are some suggestions which might be doable given the current state of DCS:

Mosquito Light bomber (B.IV, B.IX, or B.XIV)

Mosquito Night Fighter (going after Fw 190s and Ju-88s?)

Bf 110G-2 (Maybe a G-4 if anyone can suspend disbelief going after B-17s at night, alternatively, 100 Group Fortress IIs and IIIs).

Me 410

A-26 (3 crew)

A-20 ( 3 crew, but a conversion of existing AI asset isn't out of the realm of possibilities?)

Bristol Beaufighter

• Like 1